• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

My name is Adam and I'm 78 years old.  I've been doing the carnivore diet as an elimination diet since Feb 24.  I had hoped to find out what disagrees with me, but I've found instead that I like the carnivore diet just fine.  I've found that only beef, salt, and water do it for me.  All of the other meats that I have tried taste bad, but beef is OK.  I've not lost any weight, but I have lost inches, which I guess is good.  I sleep better, I eat when I'm hungry, I have more energy than ever, my teeth feel cleaner, my hands have stopped hurting, I no longer have reflux, my skin is getting better, too.  I'm beginning to think that I could give up the elimination and go for the carnivore.  I'll see what the future holds.

Welcome aboard @Adam. It sounds like you are having fantastic results. You can live just fine on beef, water, and salt - it has just about everything you need. Sounds like your body is currently prioritizing healing over weight loss, and that is okay 🙂

Welcome Adam. In my opinion this WOE is first and foremost a healing diet to help us get metabolically healthy. You are experiencing that now. Weight loss is a side benefit. A wonderful side benefit but still a side benefit. It’s also quite common to loose inches with little to no weight loss. Sometimes it takes a little time for our bodies to to transition over to being fat adapted and loosing the weight.
I have been at what my body chose as my optimal weight for three months now but I am still loosing inches or maybe I should say millimeters since it’s very slow. I’m not too far from going to the next hole in my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the body has to sort all the internal functions out first to get them back on the correct path. all of your fat tissue makes changes. water is used up and change and most eliminated. The positives you mentioned are already outstanding from 78 years of the American diet in 2 months. Think of it that way

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we started at the same time. I have been dabbling for the last couple of years. I had thought fasting was going to be my longevity pill, but used fasting as an excuse to keep bad eating habits. I really enjoy knowing that I am currently eating for nutrition whenever I am hungry instead of watching a clock, and using food for entertainment.

2 hours ago, ImCharlieBruh said:

and I'm not going to have a heart attack as long as I cut out sugar and carbs

This is exactly what I am banking on now. I wish I didn't spend my first 48 years living on processed and fast food though. Hopefully I've intervened in time. 

you end up eating all of it with a high fat high carb diet the insulin resistance will never go down you will continue to scar your arterial and venous system cholesterol will go in to repair it never get told to back up because it's job is to repair the lining. Kinda like blood clots but you keep swimming in water so your laceration keeps bleeding. Your arterial system gets damaged from constant oxidation from insulin constantly floating. 

Almost positive the only way this works is if you drop sugars and carbs. It's also insane fat never consumes muscle it always metabolizes your fat which is why people lose weight. My 8 pack hasn't been back since 2017 and a steroid cycle. It's back now

Only way I can rationalize people that eat carnivore for over 5 years and not be dead. Some have done it for 20 30 40 years some as long as 60 years. How are all carnivores lean and worst case scenario very low fat.? 

Big medical has some explaining to do.

Only way I can rationalize people that eat carnivore for over 5 years and not be dead. Some have done it for 20 30 40 years some as long as 60 years. How are all carnivores lean and worst case scenario very low fat.? 

You can even take it beyond that and ask if this is so bad then how did we not die out as a species when the primary source of nutrition and energy for our ancestors came from eating mainly fatty meat and organs. We didn’t start dying from because of our food until just the last hundred years or so.

once all thr oils and process garbage was introduced 110 years ago lol death rate going lower and lower year after year

Lower and lower, year after year???
Heart attacks, cancer and diabetes weren’t even on the radar a hundred years ago and now they are the three biggest killers in America today. Each one fighting each other for first place.

11 hours ago, ImCharlieBruh said:

once all thr oils and process garbage was introduced 110 years ago lol death rate going lower and lower year after year

10 hours ago, Geezy said:

Lower and lower, year after year???
Heart attacks, cancer and diabetes weren’t even on the radar a hundred years ago and now they are the three biggest killers in America today. Each one fighting each other for first place.

I think he meant that life spans are getting shorter and shorter.