• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Dark Waters

Wow!

I just finished watching the movie Dark Waters. Tremendous story of corporate corruption in the chemical industries. As I watched it I couldn’t help but think the same things that DuPont did in this circumstance are no different that what the pharmaceutical industry and big food corporations do to us as well.

If you haven’t seen this 2019

movie you you really should make an effort to check it out.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9071322/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!
I just finished watching the movie Dark Waters. Tremendous story of corporate corruption in the chemical industries. As I watched it I couldn’t help but think the same things that DuPont did in this circumstance are no different that what the pharmaceutical industry and big food corporations do to us as well.
If you haven’t seen this 2019
movie you you really should make an effort to check it out.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9071322/

I saw this a few years ago and it made me so mad at the corporate greed and their lack of concern for human life. I cook in cast iron or stainless steel now but growing up we used the teflon pans. And you are right, Geezy, big food and pharma are doing the same thing!

I haven't seen the movie.

But, we still have a complete set of non-stick cookware (from Ninja) that we use on the daily. Lately though, I have been thinking about my cookware more than ever before. 

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for this video I watched on youtube but can't find it.

It basically says the end of 'man' started with the invention of Tupper Ware and the Microwave. 

It was about the toxins that are released from plastics when heated.

This video showed studies of the toxins having an adverse effect on male testosterone, thus the 'end of man'.

Really interesting.

Scott 

I watched a move recently caked Dark Waters but it wasn’t about Tupperware and microwave ovens. It was about how DuPont has been poisoning us for years with Teflon and it all started unfolding in the town and factory where it was manufactured.
I don’t know if that’s the one you were talking about but it is a good movie.

https://watch.how/movie/dark-waters/210401

This was a youtube video not an actual movie. The gist was the heating of plastics to serve food. The 'microwave and tupper-ware' were examples/analogies/spoof he was using.

He was listing the toxins released and their ill-effects to testosterone as well as the immune system.

It may have been removed because I can't seem to find it.

Scott

On 7/6/2024 at 11:33 AM, Scott F. said:

The gist was the heating of plastics to serve food. The 'microwave and tupper-ware' were examples/analogies/spoof he was using.

I haven't seen the movie, but I remember when I was a kid this was a problem. Most plastics weren't "microwave safe" nor even "dishwasher safe". But then microwave/dishwasher safe plastics started hitting the market. I think many of us took that for granted until recently as microplastics are becoming a hot news item. I know I no longer microwave anything in plastic. I went out and got a bunch of glass storage containers instead.