• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Happy Thursday All! I'm Brand New... and a little lost

Hello Everyone, Just finish a little bout of crying and feeling lost and defeated.  I'm hoping to find some light at the end of my "fat" tunnel, but keep getting side blocked by my body.  I started the Carnivore diet Sunday 5/26 by suggestion of my awesome husband.  His motivation was to help me overcome my constant acid reflux and agonizing heart burn.  By Tuesday and had no stomach issues at all!!  YAY!  I haven't taken any tums all week!!  (normally 3 to 4 a day, plus my middle of the night ones). However, last night (I had slow roast turkey breast and bacon). I had HORRIBLE pain and a lump by my gallbladder.  Now when i try to search up healing a gallbladder, everything says eat, vegetables, fruits and fiber?!?!?!?!  and Stay away from FATS!!!   ya, not to Carnivore doable!  Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Kristin said:

How long does the approval process normally take?

I am guessing you are since I can see it.

So glad you are stepping out on faith to heal your body! I find that slow cooked meat doesn't agree with my digestive track. Also I know a lot of influencers promote omad, but I find that trying to eat enough in a small window also doesn't agree with me. I fast when I'm not hungry and eat when I am hungry but I try not to overdo it or I get nauseous. 

Welcome Kristin. We are glad you joined us.
You are very early into your new lifestyle of eating so your body is going through some transitional changes as it learns to become fat adapted. If your gall bladder is acting up it could a medical issue that you need to see a doctor about.
Check out this video from Dr. Berry about gall stones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@KristinI was just thinking about gallbladder attacks that happen after years of restricted fat. The bile gets sludgey in there and you may want to consider gradually changing, depending on how you ate before. Dante Ferrigno has some videos where he has theorized about this. If you haven't watched FerrignoFreedom, I do recommend his YouTube.

Edited by Miranda

On 5/30/2024 at 10:30 AM, Kristin said:

How long does the approval process normally take?

Welcome aboard! Once you have just ONE post approved, you're out of moderation. I keep the spammers at bay this way. You just have to wait until I've checked the site, since I'm the only one with the keys.... for now, lol. 

On 5/30/2024 at 10:29 AM, Kristin said:

I had HORRIBLE pain and a lump by my gallbladder.  Now when i try to search up healing a gallbladder, everything says eat, vegetables, fruits and fiber?!?!?!?!  and Stay away from FATS!!! 

Well, if you don't consume fat, the gall bladder won't get much use. BUT, this is why you might have gall stones after all. You may need some time. As you you increase your fat intake, the gall bladder will ramp up production. If Geoff posted the video I think he did, Dr. Berry explains it very well.