• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Hi everyone. New to the forum. Been on carnivore now for 3 and a half months, but been on and off low carb for years. Have lost 4 stone in the last 6 months, so making good progress. Been pretty strict with the food, but I'm still drinking alcohol (gin so that it's zero carb at least). Hope everyone is doing well,

Michael

Welcome aboard @Michael123

:welcome:

That's awesome progress. It mirrors my own - 55 pounds in 6 months, if my math is right (1 stone = 14 lbs).

I have a bourbon just once a month, sometimes twice if we go out for karaoke 😄

Glad you could join us Michael.
When I fist went carnivore I stopped drinking for seven months and then I only drank that one whiskey as a toast to my fellow veterans.
I didn’t drink again until I reached my optimal weight at ten months.
I will now have a whiskey (scotch or Irish) maybe once a month and then it’s only one. I’m not really trying to be restrictive it’s just that I don’t want very much. That’s saying a lot coming from someone who never had a limit before.
Yes your spirits are zero carb but that alcohol will metabolize into sugar in your system and knock you out of ketosis so if you find yourself stalling out or plateauing or not getting the results you want you might want to consider cutting it out for awhile.
Good luck and good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Congrats on the great weigh-loss!

I sometimes miss alcohol, but I know I'll make some bad diet decisions when under the influence lol

However, I got back to Ireland in a few weeks for a party, so I'm surely I'll have some then 😅

I've got a 96 mile hike coming up in a few weeks. I'm doing it over 7 days. Will be interesting to see how do-able carnivore on that is. I'm not worried about my energy levels, just about being able to buy carnivore food along the way. I made my own jerky recently, and man that stuff is hard to eat - probably how I cooked it 😀

I've got a 96 mile hike coming up in a few weeks. I'm doing it over 7 days. Will be interesting to see how do-able carnivore on that is. I'm not worried about my energy levels, just about being able to buy carnivore food along the way. I made my own jerky recently, and man that stuff is hard to eat - probably how I cooked it 

That’s going to be an interesting journey. It may be difficult to find non-carby foods along the hike. I would imagine that most people who are into hiking would be big on high carbohydrate diets for that glucose energy. Granola and all that nonsense.
Report back when you return and tell us how it went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk