• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

17 hours ago, Nowler said:

Around once per week I'll have 400g of prawns in garlic butter

I had to look up what prawns are. I see they are crustaceans, similar to the shrimp we eat over here. 

Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing more and more about your continued progress 🙂

Hi Nowler,

thank you for sharing this story - I think that Carnivore will help to transform you and change your life!

To be frank I had various Ups and Downs in terms of body weight and lifestyle as well. It was the missing "WHY" that always led to loosing body weight and gaining it back again, eating healthy and then turn back to junk food. In 2023 I finally realized that there is so much to do and achieve in this life, which I will only be able to achieve if I life long enough. That's a very strong "Why" which motivated me to switch my Lifestyle completely. I lost weight from over 230 lbs to 187, I started doing sports which was never a thing going for me. I read several books on Health, Mindset and Success. I completely stopped drinking alcohol and of couse I live Carnivore.  However it was a long road to get there. I started Carnivore and did it for ~4 Months, then I started to walk up to 10k steps per day (starting with 2-3k per day), cutting out the Alcohol was the latest step and I don't miss it at all.

What I want to encourage you is to look for and find your personal "WHY". The moment you have it, things will get much easier and with less effort. Of course you still have overcome your baser instincts regularly, especially when it comes to Movement and Training.

For me living a long and healthy life is the driver for everything I am doing. There will be moments when you doubt and it will help to remember why you have started what you are doing right now. You will make it!!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Geezy said:

Fantastic results. Even the activity is great. Every bit of movement is progress. As you get leaner that will improve. Thanks for the update.
Sorry to hear about your redundancy though. Hopefully you find a job that suits you well.
Keep up the good work buddy. emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank bud!
I already feel less tried and lethargic than I used to!
Looking forward to improving more!

Regarding the job, thanks for the kind words.
It's not actually a bad thing though as the company and I have an irreparable breakdown of relationship.
I'm done with them and was just trying to see out my days until I got a decent redundancy pay out.
To their credit, they let us know well over a year ago that this was coming.

I believe it's also motivated me to get a move on with improving my situation as whatever job I get next will likely require me to go into the office rather than work from home. Working from home is great! But I personally need to start moving more, and this is going to force me to do that... or be homeless 😅

A little aside, I have my eye on a paid government programme to become a Probation Officer which applications open up for in September. So I at best just need a job to keep me going until then. But it has to be a job that I don't mind doing in the event my application is unsuccessful and I have to wait 6 months for the next enrolment.

I forgot to add in my update that I have decided to start driving again and have booked in my theory test for July 11th.
I drove in Ireland for a few years on a provisional licence, but I then sold my car to help with Uni costs and haven't driven since. Since then my Irish licence is out of date and now that I live in the UK I have to start all over again.

Looking forward to going off for a nice drive, pulling up somewhere and going for little walks or just chilling.
I didnt realise how much I missed driving until I started thinking about it again (public transport over here is pretty decent, so I have been able to manage quite well without a car)

Edited by Nowler

8 hours ago, Bob said:

I had to look up what prawns are. I see they are crustaceans, similar to the shrimp we eat over here. 

Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing more and more about your continued progress 🙂

Yup!
Prawns and Shrimp are pretty similar.

Something I really want to experience is one of those community crawfish boils in Southern America!
The food looks so good and the vibes look amazing!

3 hours ago, Torsten said:

Hi Nowler,

thank you for sharing this story - I think that Carnivore will help to transform you and change your life!

To be frank I had various Ups and Downs in terms of body weight and lifestyle as well. It was the missing "WHY" that always led to loosing body weight and gaining it back again, eating healthy and then turn back to junk food. In 2023 I finally realized that there is so much to do and achieve in this life, which I will only be able to achieve if I life long enough. That's a very strong "Why" which motivated me to switch my Lifestyle completely. I lost weight from over 230 lbs to 187, I started doing sports which was never a thing going for me. I read several books on Health, Mindset and Success. I completely stopped drinking alcohol and of couse I live Carnivore.  However it was a long road to get there. I started Carnivore and did it for ~4 Months, then I started to walk up to 10k steps per day (starting with 2-3k per day), cutting out the Alcohol was the latest step and I don't miss it at all.

What I want to encourage you is to look for and find your personal "WHY". The moment you have it, things will get much easier and with less effort. Of course you still have overcome your baser instincts regularly, especially when it comes to Movement and Training.

For me living a long and healthy life is the driver for everything I am doing. There will be moments when you doubt and it will help to remember why you have started what you are doing right now. You will make it!!

Hey bud!
Sorry, I almost didn't see this.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Congrats on your progress also!

I really do need to start with some regular walking.
I think I'll download one of those tracking apps which log/chart my walking stats. I reckon something like that might encourage me to do it a bit more. Slowly increasing over time.

Thanks again

Yup!
Prawns and Shrimp are pretty similar.

Something I really want to experience is one of those community crawfish boils in Southern America!
The food looks so good and the vibes look amazing!

Oh my brother I could hook you up with a crawfish boil. We generally try to do at least one a year. I’ve been known to hurt myself eating them mudbugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/20/2024 at 9:24 AM, Nowler said:

I think I'll download one of those tracking apps which log/chart my walking stats.

I've used "Map My Walk" in the past and found it to be user-friendly and very useful.