• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

96 mile hike.

Hello, I feel the need to share my experience of my hike so far. I've just finished day 4 of my 7 day hike. Getting food from places has been REALY hard. We brought enough carnivore food for most of it, but adding to it has been difficult. What I really want to share is this... I've done this hike 4 times before; day 3 is hard, really hard, you just want it over. You get to the campsite, buy a beer, and when you try to get up 30 mins later you can bearly walk (my brother and I laugh about this each time) ...this time, almost none of that. The soles of my feet were sore, but not my legs. My legs didn't feel fresh obviously, but not anything like the last times. 

1 hour ago, Michael123 said:

Hello, I feel the need to share my experience of my hike so far. I've just finished day 4 of my 7 day hike. Getting food from places has been REALY hard. We brought enough carnivore food for most of it, but adding to it has been difficult. What I really want to share is this... I've done this hike 4 times before; day 3 is hard, really hard, you just want it over. You get to the campsite, buy a beer, and when you try to get up 30 mins later you can bearly walk (my brother and I laugh about this each time) ...this time, almost none of that. The soles of my feet were sore, but not my legs. My legs didn't feel fresh obviously, but not anything like the last times. 

Such refreshing news. I wonder what it would be like to do a hike like that fasting. It certainly would be liberating to not have to worry about the food.

It's the West Highland Way in Scotland. That's interesting that you Miranda are wondering if you could do it on a fast, as I've been wondering the same thing. No food for 7 days should be be doable. I even wondered if you could do it without bringing water, and just drink at each stream you pass - its scotland so there are tons of streams, or burns as we call them.

It's the West Highland Way in Scotland. That's interesting that you Miranda are wondering if you could do it on a fast, as I've been wondering the same thing. No food for 7 days should be be doable. I even wondered if you could do it without bringing water, and just drink at each stream you pass - its scotland so there are tons of streams, or burns as we call them.

I would think that fasting while hiking would be doable. Many people have fasted while running marathons. I couldn’t find a link to the article but I read recently of a man that ran several marathons back to back while fasting.
Be your N of 1 and give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/2/2024 at 6:11 PM, Michael123 said:

I've done this hike 4 times before; day 3 is hard, really hard, you just want it over... this time, almost none of that.

That's awesome!

That's also a long hike. I may have walked up to 10 miles in a day before, but probably not. 

19 hours ago, Michael123 said:

The weather is looking shit for today. A high of 13 (55F) for a summers day is sooo crap 🥲.

A couple days ago it dropped down in the upper 50's and lower 60's, which is incredibly unseasonably cool for this time of year. Fortunately it was just for a day or two and now things have heated back up.