• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Nuts and nut butters

Go to solution Solved by Geezy,

I'm sure you want be kicked out of the club. LOL

I'm brand new and thus far my approach has been 'you do you and I will do me'. 

I think whatever plan works for you is the best plan.

I'm straight meats thus far (maybe 65 days or so) and have not really had any urges. I feel lucky with that.

Scott

If you're approach to eating is keto, then you might be able to make room for a little nut butter here and there. Some causes for concern would be the sugar content, and if it's made with any seed oils. Nuts are seeds, and seeds tend to be high in plant defense chemicals that may, or may not, fuel underlying health conditions. So it depends on what your health goals are? Are you trying to lose weight, reverse disease, or just trying to eat more whole foods and less processed foods?

Right now in my journey, I am mostly carnivore (with spices) most days, and will rarely, but occasionally, eat a piece of fruit or a vegetable that is actually the fruitage of a plant. I still live under my mantra of refusing to eat roots, stems, seeds, and leaves.

• Solution

They are fine if you are keto and if your body handles them well then go for it.
Just be aware that they can be one of the highest forms of oxalates there is so if you experience any kind of health issues it may be the nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Bob, for your reply 😊

I do deal with many chronic health conditions, including Liver Cirrhosis (from Hep C, not fatty liver), Osteoporosis, Sibo, Sifo, Hypothyroidism, Psoriasis, Leaky Gut, Arthritis, and a few others.

My focus right now is reducing inflammation, scalp psoriasis, and weight loss. I am 5'3", and weigh 123, and would like to get down to 110.

I've been doing Keto/Carnivore since 2018,and at one point was down to 100 lbs. Prior to that I ate nothing but popcorn and veg for 2 years.  After learning about Carnivore, I added back meat, but kept the popcorn (I was addicted).  Since giving that up, I've tried many variations. Meat and white rice, meat an avocado, meat and fruit, meat and cashews or cashew butter .Through the years, I've become increasingly intolerant to all plants. I did try some cashew butter again the other day, and had a horrible reaction.  Never again!

All this time I've been educating myself with daily videos from Dr. Berry, Dr Chaffee, Dr Baker, Homestead How, Bill Nott in Alaska, and many others. One thing I have lacked, however, is  personal support for this Carnivore way of life. I do have a cousin that's very supportive, and my sister, who lives nearby, although she is mostly vegan.

I've always been very health conscious, and when I could eat plants, always organic, non GMO, and very simple meals.  Nothing processed. I've always worked out, and still do, about an hour a day. I'm 66, so not a spring chicken 😊

My current diet is beef(mostly ground, as easier to digest), organic mozzarella, organic whole milk Greek yogurt, with a bit of organic raw green stevia. Eggs, poultry, seafood, lamb, pork, don't work for me. Too bad, about seafood.  I grew up in Alaska, where we had some of the best in the world.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Just thought I'd share a bit more about where I'm at.  Thank you for being there!! 

Saw your video today.  Very well done! I hope and pray you are able to keep your CKD at bay! 

3 minutes ago, Laura said:

My focus right now is reducing inflammation, scalp psoriasis, and weight loss... My current diet is beef (mostly ground, as easier to digest), organic mozzarella, organic whole milk Greek yogurt, with a bit of organic raw green stevia. Eggs, poultry, seafood, lamb, pork, don't work for me.

Sounds like you are the right track. Dr. Berry says to eat BBBE (beef, butter, bacon, and eggs) and Dr. Kiltz will say to eat BEBBIS (beef, eggs, bacon, butter, ice cream*, and salt). *homemade ice cream thats just cream and egg yolks, no sugar.

Some people don't do well with dairy. Most people are fine with it and odds are so are you, but that would be the next thing to nix in your personal N=1 experiment.

If you are based in the USA and there is a Labcorp near you, you can get cheap bloodwork at www.OwnYourLabs.com and check your inflammation markers. Totally unnecessary but I like to geek out on that stuff, lol. 

Thanks, Bob.  I do think I need to get rid of cheese.  I can tolerate it, but it caused bloating, and water retention.  Cheese has salt, and who knows what kind of salt they use, even though the cheese is organic.I don't think I can drop weight, unless I get rid of that.  I do have a good naturopath , who will test almost anything I ask her to, which is a blessing. I have a liver ultrasound, and those labs every 6 months, and they have been perfect all this time.