• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

help: sticky poop sticks to bowl for both me and my daughter on carnivore diet: ground beef and eggs.

I just started taking a probiotic, again, after being off of it for a while, and it's already making a difference in my digestion in just 2 days. Don't know if that would help you.  The one I'm using is Solgar Advanced Bowel Support, 30 billion.  No additives, just the veggie cap. I also use 3 digestive enzymes:  Enzymedica Digest, Enzymedica Lypo Gold, and Codeage Beef Pancreas. I have much trouble with digestion, especially fat digestion, and all these help a lot!! 

7 hours ago, Susyn C_137 said:

How long have you been Carnivore, what was your diet before, and are you getting enough fat? The transition period can have some weird side effects. 

I've been on the carnivore diet for about 60 days.  do you have sticky poop and what is your carnivore diet like?  I'm on 80% protein and 20% ground beef.   Does everyone on the carnivore diet reading this have sticky poop?  Is this to be expected from the carnivore diet?

I don't. It is a "balance" of sorts.

The fat content should be higher than 20% and it may take some variety other than ground beef. 

Personally, I do better on a higher fat content. I noticed that when I eat heavy on chicken or pork, my weight loss planes off and the stool gets loose/looser.

Electrolytes also play a role. When I first started carnivore, I didn't read the instructions. My electrolytes were way off, and my movements swung from semi-constipated to loose, to all out diarrhea.

Just my personal experiences.

Scott

I've only been Carnivore 3 weeks and it's just finally started to become "normal". Currently I'm about 55% fat. If I go higher (right now) it's like brown water. Electrolytes and dialing in your personal fat tolerance seems to be key. It can take a long time. Remember, your body is busy healing years to decades of damage.

10 hours ago, Scott F. said:

I don't. It is a "balance" of sorts.

The fat content should be higher than 20% and it may take some variety other than ground beef. 

Personally, I do better on a higher fat content. I noticed that when I eat heavy on chicken or pork, my weight loss planes off and the stool gets loose/looser.

Electrolytes also play a role. When I first started carnivore, I didn't read the instructions. My electrolytes were way off, and my movements swung from semi-constipated to loose, to all out diarrhea.

Just my personal experiences.

Scott

When you wipe, is it clean or are there mars on the toilet paper?  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Susyn C_137 said:

I've only been Carnivore 3 weeks and it's just finally started to become "normal". Currently I'm about 55% fat. If I go higher (right now) it's like brown water. Electrolytes and dialing in your personal fat tolerance seems to be key. It can take a long time. Remember, your body is busy healing years to decades of damage.

When you say normal, can you describe the wipe?  Are there mars on the toilet paper?  I remember prior to the carnivore diet, wipe was barely noticeable.  I don't know if it's possible to have clean no mar wipes on a full carnivore diet even if I increase the fat percentage.

2 hours ago, Miranda said:

For me more beef and butter makes bathroom time quicker and cleaner. 

can you describe your wipe?  Is it possible to ever like have completely clean wipe where as though you've wiped nothing?  how long have you been on carnivore and what do you eat?  thanks.

7 hours ago, carnivoreg said:

can you describe your wipe?  Is it possible to ever like have completely clean wipe where as though you've wiped nothing?  how long have you been on carnivore and what do you eat?  thanks.

Toilet paper has been more clean since starting carnivore. Occasionally there is nothing there. But TBH that area hasn't been 100% right since I gave birth to my daughter. I believe the doctor stitched me up a bit weird down there and I suspect I had an infection that went disregarded despite the subsequent check ups.

I have to admit that during this season I have been lax in adhering to diet. I also noticed before starting carnivore when I ate omad, I had "regular" bm's. By regular I mean easy to pass no mess. Things tend to digest better for me if I condense my eating into a 4-8 hour window.

I do know certain plants speed up transit time. For me that's beets and coffee.  The poo doesn't have enough time in the chamber to have the water absorb properly because either the fiber or plant toxins agitate the crap out of me too quickly and that means extra clean up. I feel like butter decaf helps keep things running smoothly. Currently, because we still have a garden I have been eating cucumbers,  squash and onions and occasionally ice cream. When September rolls around I want to try 30 days of just bbbe.

39 minutes ago, Miranda said:

Currently, because we still have a garden I have been eating cucumbers,  squash and onions and occasionally ice cream. When September rolls around I want to try 30 days of just bbbe.

I hear ya. While part of me likes to think I enjoy the garden fresh cucumbers and zucchini, the other part can't wait for garden season to be over and get back to regular BBBE 

3 hours ago, Miranda said:

When September rolls around I want to try 30 days of just bbbe.

We should plan a group challenge for September. I will have just returned from vacation then.

On 7/28/2024 at 3:11 PM, carnivoreg said:

sticky poop sticks to bowl

So I have never had that problem. I've had it stick to me from time to time, but not the bowl.

When I started, it would oscillate back and forth between the runs and nearly impossible to get out. But now it is normal most of the time, but can vary depending on what I eat.

6 minutes ago, Laura said:

What kind of challenge, Bob? 

30 days BBBE, we can do it together, with a separate thread and we can check in daily or something. 

I can't eat eggs, bacon, or butter, so would probably not be able to join. I can do beef, cheese, Greek yogurt. My brother comes 9/10 for 4 days from Hawaii, so family get togethers then. I plan to stay on the plan that's working for me. Eliminated nuts today, so another step. 😊

On 7/30/2024 at 1:36 AM, Laura said:

I can't eat eggs, bacon, or butter, so would probably not be able to join. I can do beef, cheese, Greek yogurt.

You could participate by doing a 30-day no plants at all challenge. This is basically the gist of it. 

Is raw honey carnivore?  Would medicinal herbs be ok?  I use Chinese coptis, and Goldenseal root for intestinal issues, and also green tea. Also, most of the digestive enzymes I use are derived from plants.