• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Mustard is made from a seed. Seeds are not carnivore and neither are pickles btw.
But, as far as condiments go, yellow mustard isn’t all that bad. I thing I read somewhere that the vinegar helps to cut down the toxins in the seed. Same with pickles.
Now what type of mustard are we talking about? Yellow isn’t too bad but grey pompon has sugar in it as well as many brown mustards which are my favorites. I will use a little yellow mustard on my hamburger once in awhile but I don’t make a habit of it.
When it comes to eating things like mustards or pickles these are just personal choices that each of us has to make. It all boils down to what you want out of this way of eating and what you’re willing to do to achieve it.
Every once in awhile I’ll eat some jalapeño slices on my burger and the other night we had crawfish stuffed jalapeño poppers but these are only treats that we have on occasion.
Now bear in mind, I’m on maintenance mode. I’ve lost all the weight I intend to loose so from here on it’s all about staying in optimal health for me. I can afford a treat once in awhile.
Try to remember that this is and elimination diet so you eliminate the things that hurt your health or cause you to gain weight or stall out. If you can use a little mustard or eat a pickle on occasion and it doesn’t affect you in any way and it makes you happy then I wouldn’t worry about it but I would still do it sparingly.
I try to look at food as just nutrition and not pleasure. It’s for fuel not fun. So when I look at something to eat I ask myself, is that going to provide nutrition and fuel to my body? If the answer is no then I don’t eat it but I still enjoy my food and I want it to taste good so if a little mustard or a jalapeño slice can enhance it then I’ll indulge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still occasionally enjoy mustard, especially coarse old fashioned mustards.

Of all the condiments out there, mustard is one of the best for staying keto as well as having a worthwhile flavor as compared to the tomato flavored syrup that is ketchup.

I also occasionally enjoy horseradish.

Just always be careful and read the ingredients and check the nutritional information before buying anything.

I was wondering about mustard myself. I saw where a few people talked on using it on carnivore as well as crystal hot sauce.  

I will use tabasco on occasion as well as Louisiana Hot Sauce. Neither has sugar and the rest of the ingredients are fairly clean. But like I said. Only occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I use mustard once in a while, especially if I have kielbasa or a similar sausage. But, I consider myself "mostly carnivore" and not a strict carnivore. To me, mustard is just another seasoning.