• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Recipes or Meal ideas

I had some pretty creative recipes when I was doing True Keto. I will try and find some and post them here. Some of them even the kids would say was fantastic.

The combination of summertime and my focus on carnivore has made me lazy in that I usually fire up the grill and cook up some meat.

So I tried this recipe the other night. I didn't put the lil sticks in and I used a tortilla press to press the dough and wrap it. It was very good. To me the dough was a lil sweeter than I like but my husband really liked them. 

image.png.b0e5958bb59439e771197228d72c5b5b.png

Keto Corn Dogs

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk

2oz cream cheese

1 egg

1 cup, almond flour

8 frank hot dogs

coffee stir sticks

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Using coffee stir sticks, pierce the hot dogs through, leaving a couple of inches at the end.

Place hot dogs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwavable bowl and melt for 30-60 seconds. Mix together until well combined.

Add in the almond flour and egg. Mix until a dough forms.

Lay down a large piece of parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the middle of the parchment paper and top it with another piece.

Press the dough down. Use a dough roller to roll the dough out to 1/4-1/2 inch thickness depending on how thick you want your dogs to be. 

Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 8 even pieces. 

Working with one hot dog at a time, take one piece of dough and wrap it around the hot dog. Work the dough into the dough to distribute the dough evenly. Place back on the baking sheet. 

Repeat with all of the hot dogs.

Bake for 20-30 minutes until the dough is golden brown.

Serve with sugar-free ketchup and mustard.

NOTES

If the dough is too sticky, add more almond flour and chill it for 5-10 minutes.

I'll have to give that a try.

I have a huge bag of almond flour that I got from Sam's Club, but I've been neglecting it for a while since I've been leaning more towards carnivore. But almond flour is an excellent product and you can make quite a few things with it. I used to use it to make pancakes along with eggs and flax seed meal, and have sugar free syrup with it.

But what really impressed me was a "fat head pizza crust" recipe I found that uses cheese and almond flour, much like your recipe. When I made the pizza, it was amazing, very comparable to a pizza you would get from a store or restaurant that would normally be loaded with nutritionally void white flour. It was better to me than the cauliflower pizza crusts I had made in the years past.

• 1 month later...

Some years back, I had a hankerin for chicken livers but didnt want to contend with the normal mess. Thought for sure there was a recipe for livers without flour and grease splatters. Came up with this one. Just dry fry them in a skillet. alil olive oil, some garlic and some lemon juice. I'll post a link. This was back before I was keto or carnivore or even knew what them words meant. But I think it could apply today to at least a ketovore diet. Or change it up to suit you. ...This is not my recipe. I just found it on the net. And tried it several times. 

https://www.food.com/recipe/stolen-garlic-chicken-livers-110936

I don't know if you like African dishes. There's one which have been one of my favorite for years they have. It's called fio fio. It's just cooked with pigeon pea and dried cocoyam. They call it "Agbugbu". 

The video on this YouTube channel is going to give you everything you need to know on how to make it. 

Edited by Heatman

If you’re carnivore you can leave out the garlic if you want and just go dirty carnivore with the seasoning. Just make sure the seasoning has no sugar in it. I use Fiesta brand.

Taco Pie

Ingredients
* 1 lb ground beef
* 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
* 6 large eggs
* ½ cup heavy cream
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Instructions
* Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie pan.

* Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, about 7 minutes, breaking up clumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in the taco seasoning until well combined, then transfer the beef to the prepared pie pan. 

* In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over beef in the pan. 

* Sprinkle with the shredded cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until the centre is set and cheese is browned. Remove and let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk