• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Just want to introduce myself

Hello All,

My name is Steve, I'm 64yo and I've been doing low carb on and off since the 90's. It allowed me to be thin enough to stay in the Air Force, but after I retired in 2016 I wasn't really doing it. I also was diagnosed with RA in 2005. Using tylenol and motrin, I was able to keep it in check. However, starting 1 year ago I had severe pain in my R knee, so that I walked w a limp. Stairs were tough. My L shoulder hurt constantly and my R hand had constant pain. I went to the VA and saw a rheumatologist who started me on meds that seemed to help my R knee, but not much help with the rest. My weight went from 220 to 272 when I looked into resuming low carb when I came across the Carnivore Diet. As a RN and former low carber, it made sense to everything I knew about how the body worked. So...I have been on Carnivore for 3 weeks. I am down to 260. I have no L shoulder pain. I have only a touch of R knee pain and am at 2/10 pain (down from 6/10) in my R hand. The aching in my feet and ankles if almost gone. My hemorrhoids are greatly decreased to where they don't bother me at all. I feel 10 years younger. My stamina has greatly increased. Doing projects in the yard that I would have had to take numerous 30 min breaks, now maybe one 5 min break. I have committed myself to at least 6 months of Carnivore.  My best weight in my life was 160. For now, my goal is 200. Well...that is my story. Thanks for having this group. 

Welcome Steve. I’m glad you could join us and thank you for your service sir.
It’s great to hear that your having such great results so soon. It’s a great testimony to the healing power of proper nutrition. Congratulations on your success so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Steve! Welcome aboard.

Keep doing what you're doing. You know this works when you stick to it. You proved it all those years ago, and you are proving it again right now 🙂