• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Thanks for the tip.

I usually buy in bulk at Sam's Club

https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-salted-sweet-cream-butter-elgin-style-16ct/prod3990032?xid=plp_product_2

That online price works out to $3.53 per pound. I'm sure the in-club price is the same or close.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

One of the benefits of carnivore is I now spend less when shopping so I shouldn’t have any problems with the higher cost.

Reminded me of one time trying to explain How one could afford to do keto and intermittent fasting to a gal.  The whole concept was as clear as mud to her. Probably still is.

Since we're talking about butter, I got a story. ...

One time some years ago, I was talking to an Amish friend about the high costs of a butter churn. He was getting annoyed with rolling a jar across the floor. 🙂

One day I was in the hardware store and noticed a paint stirrer and a light bulb went off in my head. I got said paint stirrer which had two metal horizontal  paddles welded in the same direction. I got home and cut out two wooden paddles and screwed them vertically. Took a gallon glass jar and beefed up the lid with a one by cut to fit. Drilled a 1/4 inch hole. Drilled a couple teeny holes in the shaft for pins to adjust the height of said paddle. Hooked it up to a lectric drill and spun er up. Figured if it'd withstand an electric drill, it'd withstand a hand cranked one. Took it over to him and said you no longer have to roll a jar. 🙂  So we traded some butter for that three dollar paint stirrer.

Somewhere I got a picture.. Probably on an old drive.  If I come across it, I'll post it.