• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Carnivore Diet Breakfast Recipes That “Mimic” Traditional Breakfast Meals

What are some of your more unique breakfast recipe ideas for the carnivore diet that mimic traditional breakfast items.

The Breakfast Waffle was an idea I saw recently. Although it’s more like an omelette in taste, it looks like a waffle. Ingredients are pretty simple: eggs, breakfast sausage, and butter. And of course a waffle iron to get the waffle look.

Any other ideas or recipes you utilize?

I don’t eat breakfast simply because I only eat when I’m hungry and I don’t get hungry until the afternoon some time.

In the morning when I first get up I’ll fix myself a bullet proof tea.

One cup of hot tea. I like English Breakfast or Earl Gray. Coffee can also be used.
One teaspoon of butter.
One teaspoon of coconut oil or MCT oil.
Emulsify in a blender, I use a NutraBullet, for 30 seconds.

These are good anytime though if you want something that resembles traditional breakfast foods.

Liver and egg pancake.

Recipe

Liver Pancakes

Ingredients
• 3 oz raw beef liver
• 3 eggs
• 3 tbsp ghee
• sea salt 

Instructions
• Blend the raw liver, eggs, ghee (room temperature/softened), and a dash of sea salt in a blender until smooth. No liver chunks should be left.

• Make as you would normal pancakes at medium heat, with the exception of cook time and resting from heat. **See note below.

• Top with 1 tbsp of ghee, and honey if you tolerate it/prefer. Enjoy!

Notes
**Important notes:

Beef liver cooks VERY quickly, so these pancakes will cook fast (usually about 15-20 seconds per side). Sometimes slightly more or less. You'll know to flip it when the batter starts to bubble and the bottom of the pancake has solidified.

These pancakes like a lot of fat while cooking, so between every 1-2 pancakes, add some ghee to the pan.

Between each pancake, I let the pan rest from heat for about 10 seconds. I pour the next pancake onto the pan while it is removed from heat, and after about 5 seconds, I add the pan back to heat. This prevents the pancake batter from sizzling, cooking too fast, and burning.

I usually pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. One batch makes about 6 pancakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have to give that recipe a try. Thanks Geoff @Geezy!

10 hours ago, Calamity said:

The Breakfast Waffle was an idea I saw recently.

There's a popular waffle like creation in the keto-carnivore world called a Chaffle.

Cheese + Waffle = Chaffle.

It's basically eggs and cheese and cooked in a waffle maker, and then used as a "bun" for any type of sandwich. Nutrient dense and only trace carbs, all animal products.