• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Weather changing

Oh yeah, it’s changed quite a bit . It’s called spring, summer, fall and winter.
Don’t worry about something you can’t do anything about.
The planet has always gone through cyclic changes since the beginning of time and man and farting cows have never had anything to do with it.
Study some actual science and history and stop listening to the drivel spewing out of the mouths of these idiots that just want attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So from an observational standpoint, yes, the weather seems to be different form when I was a child. I can remember it snowing, guaranteed, by my birthday in early November. I can also remember "Spring Break" being the last week of March and it was often warm enough to wear shorts - at least us crazy kids thought so.

Today, we really don't see snow until January. And then, sometimes that snow lasts into April, and we've even had a freak snow in the middle of May.

It's almost like we need a "leap month" to reset everything. Everything seems to be off by 30 days or so from when I was a kid.

Am I worried? No. I don't fret about things out of my control.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, charming primrose said:

the weather is literally changing by the hour here

Sounds like Ohio. It can be 60 degrees one day, and wake up to 6" of snow the next morning. 

Well, considering that I live in the south, the weather is literally changing by the hour here. It can be freezing cold one day, but then the next day can be boiling hot. You never know what you're going to get here.

We have a saying here in Texas,
“If you don’t like the weather, go inside for 15 minutes then go back outside, it’ll change.”

6 hours ago, Orweller said:

4 seasons in 1 day in Ohio. Crazy. 

Yes. Although winter is ready to enter the ring finally. A storm is coming through today and the temperature is going to plummet. We're looking at highs in the teens and low's in the single digits in a couple days and it looks like it's gonna stay awhile too. Ugh! 😞

On 1/4/2024 at 6:23 PM, Geezy said:

We have a saying here in Texas,
“If you don’t like the weather, go inside for 15 minutes then go back outside, it’ll change.”

In Florida we have a couple of those sayings ...

Don't like the weather ... wait a minute

Don't like the weather ... change to the other side of the street.

Oh yeah ... also - It's not that it doesn't get cold here, but we don't have to shovel the cold out of the way.

Edited by Qapla

42 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Don't like the weather ... change to the other side of the street.

I've seen that here in Ohio too. It started pouring, we crossed the street where it wasn't pouring, and watched the rain come down while staying dry. One of the weirdest weather experiences I must admit, lol. 

Well Bob I hope the people in your neck of the woods have more common sense than they do here in the south. I went to the store today to pick up some pork belly for making some liverwurst this weekend and the store was packed with people stocking up like as though there was another ice age coming. Gas stations were packed as well. You’d think people would realize that even in Texas it freezes every winter. I just took my pork belly home and then went fishing. That’s my way of getting prepared.

13 hours ago, Bob said:

Yes. Although winter is ready to enter the ring finally. A storm is coming through today and the temperature is going to plummet. We're looking at highs in the teens and low's in the single digits in a couple days and it looks like it's gonna stay awhile too. Ugh! 😞

Still after all these years, I have to translate to Celsius to see how freaking cold that is! Ohio has multiple personalities. Snow already gone but my roof is about to come off due to high winds. 

17 hours ago, Geezy said:

and the store was packed with people stocking up like as though there was another ice age coming

lol. The only time I ever seen panic-buying with my own eyes here in Ohio was when Covid was starting to pop up here in the USA and the governors were copying what Europe was doing and shutting things down. My wife worked at the grocery store at the time and told me how things were flying off the shelves (like toilet paper of all things, lol). I went to the store to check it out and recorded some of it because I had only seen such behavior on the news, by Floridians, when a hurricane was coming.

Ironically, the message was stay at least 6 feet from other people, but the people just turned around and bombarded the supermarkets, lol. 

lol. The only time I ever seen panic-buying with my own eyes here in Ohio was when Covid was starting to pop up here in the USA  

Oh yeah, that was another whole level of stupidity during that time. I literally wanted to start throat punching people.

So we finally are having a winter storm that is actually dumping snow on us. Schools are closed in anticipation of 6-12" of snow in the Cleveland-Akron area. If this really pans out, I might actually get to fire up my snowblower this year.

They closed on Wednesday also because the temps dropped to almost zero and the wind chills were wicked.

• 2 months later...

So here in Ohio, we haven't had much of a winter. Winter has felt like spring. Nice above freezing temps. 

But now that it's the first couple days of Spring, we have freezing temps and snow. I swear the seasons are off and we need a leap month to correct them, lol.

• 1 month later...

In my area the birds singing have been replaced by predators squawking. Apple orchards have not been replenished because the essential cold shock taking place annually faded away. Whatever the cause, temperatures are warming enough to melt ice and raise ocean levels encroaching on coastland. 

Just to mention and not implying it has anything to do with anything... this year the rains have not ended for the season and while dry days have been warm each lingering rain storm has been a cold storm. Here, typically the rains would be warmer than the dry days or at least consistently warm and not significantly cooler. Again, not suggesting "Global Warming" is not happening. It has just bee an unusual last 365 days.

This past week was text book perfect weather to me. I like everything green and blooming, cottonball clouds mixed with sinshine making up the ingredients for beautifully dramatic sunsets and sunrises. It ias been on the cooler side. Great for activity outdoors when you otherwise would feel too hot.