• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Well, I have been at it for 17 days now and I've lost 10 pounds. I am feeling good, and I have experienced that I am not really hungry as I used to be. Sometimes I eat only one meal a day. I go over in my mind that I haven't eaten anything for a subsequent meal, but I realize I just wasn't hungry.

I haven't been bored yet with my meals. I still see a lot of variations on the horizon to try. I just finished making 15 pounds of Argentina Chorizo sausage (about 50 sausages and some patties) so that will be nice for a while. I have a cold smoke generator inbound so I will be able to smoke cheeses and fish (and other things).

So, I am basically having fun and my wife is loving the results that are starting to manifest themselves. 😄

Good deal Steven. You sound like your on the same track as I was.
After about thirty days or so my appetite totally changed. I only desired meat products and lost all desire for carbs (non food). I started to only eat when I was hungry so I’m pretty much just OMAD these days. It makes little sense to me to eat when I’m not hungry and I no longer care about eating for pleasure but only nutrition. But I still like my food to taste good.
Smoking meats. I’m a Texan and we love smoking meats. Now I do a hot smoke but I love to smoke everything from beef, lamb, pork and fish.
Glad to hear you’re doing so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to hear these results, @Steven2023 and @Orweller 🙂

I dropped dramatically at first. A lot of that is water and glycogen stores that were lost from no eating carbo-hydrate-s. Afterwards the weight loss slows down and occasioanlly stalls (while you are healing) but then it picks up again. Just keep at it. Slow and steady wins the race 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 9:24 AM, Geezy said:

Good deal Steven. You sound like your on the same track as I was.
After about thirty days or so my appetite totally changed. I only desired meat products and lost all desire for carbs (non food). I started to only eat when I was hungry so I’m pretty much just OMAD these days. It makes little sense to me to eat when I’m not hungry and I no longer care about eating for pleasure but only nutrition. But I still like my food to taste good.
Smoking meats. I’m a Texan and we love smoking meats. Now I do a hot smoke but I love to smoke everything from beef, lamb, pork and fish.
Glad to hear you’re doing so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geezy I need to try some of those meats of yours, we have to arrange a meet up 

4 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Okay and I knew that it happen, my hair has started to shed, what may help? 

Don’t want to be 👨‍🦲 

So this can happen on any diet, or with any sudden change in lifestyle. You won't lose it all, and it will grow back. It is only temporary.

There are 2 reasons that are the most likely, and both of them can be addressed by eating more.

1) Rapid weight loss is a stressor, and stress can cause hair loss. If you have lost a lot of weight really fast, this might be why.

2) Lack of protein. If you are portion controlling and undereating, this could be a problem.

If you are not tracking your macros, I would start now. There is a free app called Carb Manager that is very useful for this. You want to eat at least 0.8 to 1.0 grams of protein for every pound of your ideal body weight. For example, I want to weight 165, so my goal is to consume between 132 to 165 grams of protein per days. Then I want to match or exceed that with my fat intake.

132 protein *4 = 528 calories
132 fat *9 = 1716 calories

165g protein *4 = 660 calories
165g fat *9 = 1485 calories.

Add them up and my total calorie intake should be approximately 1716 to 2145 calories. 

In past threads you've mentioned eating once and not being hungry for the rest of the day. That's fine if it was a big meal. Some people eat one meal a day and pound down 2-3 pounds of meat and eggs and 2000-3000 calories in one sitting. I personally can't do that. I eat twice a day, combining my 3 meals into 2. 

4 hours ago, Orweller said:

That's what they told me! Never came back after all these years! 😜

LOL! Mine is long gone. I shave it all off because I am just not ready for that white horseshoe look, lol.