• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

About 67% of my calories comes from fat, about 3% to 8% comes from carbs. 

I've seen a lot of talk about butter, and I see why it's an amazing tool to increase fat on one of those days it seems challenging to come up with the right amount of fat. My question is; eat the butter right out of the package? I've tried this and I just can't. 

Or does it mean, add more butter in the frying pan? 

Any tips on how to use butter to increase fat intake without having to eat it straight from the package? Or, any advice on how to eat it from the package? I just want to know how butter can benefit me most, and make more accessible as a tool for me. 

butter-curls-1296x728-header.webp

I actually can eat butter but my family thinks I am gross, lol.

Look up "Brown Butter Bites". It's basically you brown butter in a pan and then pour it into molds and it's a high fat snack. If you are carnivore, you just make it clean. If you are keto you can flavor and sweeten them up. 

In the summer I grill my steak and throw a pad of butter on top to make up for the fat I lose through the grill. In the winter I make my steak in a pan with butter and collect the run-off into a dish to use as dipping sauce. 

I also add butter to burger and other meats I may be cooking. My calories from fat/protein/carbs end up being 70%/29%/1%

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I actually can eat butter but my family thinks I am gross, lol.

They would be right! lol

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Look up "Brown Butter Bites". It's basically you brown butter in a pan and then pour it into molds and it's a high fat snack. If you are carnivore, you just make it clean. If you are keto you can flavor and sweeten them up. 

Excellent suggestion. Any idea what could be used as flavor? Again, I only started cooking when I went carnivore... I am a moron in the kitchen. Another thing: my kitchen stinks like Outback's Steakhouse which has my wife up in arms. But I digress. 

Thanks for the suggestions. 

I use tallow, ghee and bacon grease for cooking but I use butter for flavoring and fat after cooking. I put it on most meats I eat. Especially on lean meats such as chicken, venison and steaks that don’t have much marbling.
I also put butter in my tea in the morning when I make bulletproof tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Geezy said:

I use tallow, ghee and bacon grease for cooking but I use butter for flavoring and fat after cooking. I put it on most meats I eat. Especially on lean meats such as chicken, venison and steaks that don’t have much marbling.
I also put butter in my tea in the morning when I make bulletproof tea.

I've tried to put butter in my coffee but it makes me think of soup. A pinch of salt is no problem. I probably should try coconut oil? 

I've tried to put butter in my coffee but it makes me think of soup. A pinch of salt is no problem. I probably should try coconut oil? 

Do you blend it?
To make bulletproof coffee or tea you put one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of MCT oil or coconut oil in the coffee or tea and blend it in a blender or as I do, a Nutra Bullet.
It comes out silky smooth and frothy.
I only drink one a day but it’s the highlight of my morning.

55 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Do you blend it?
To make bulletproof coffee or tea you put one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of MCT oil or coconut oil in the coffee or tea and blend it in a blender or as I do, a Nutra Bullet.
It comes out silky smooth and frothy.
I only drink one a day but it’s the highlight of my morning.

I stir it like a gentleman. With a teaspoon lol. I never considered putting hot coffee in a blender, though I got a Vitamix, those things will blend bricks into a creamy soup. 

MCT oil I was advised to stay away from so early into carnivore. I will integrate it in my diet at a later point. 12 days in and zero diarrhea, zero keto-flu, and a minor bout of constipation.  

1 hour ago, Orweller said:

I stir it like a gentleman. With a teaspoon lol. I never considered putting hot coffee in a blender

I don't drink coffee, but this little stirring device looks like a magic wand of sorts, lol....

On 12/13/2023 at 12:01 PM, Geezy said:

Yeah all that will do is give you an oil slick.
It must be emulsified.

I put my coffee in the blender, with a teaspoon of butter and, bingo! It tastes delicious. Thanks for the tip!