• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

So Japan is outlawing being overweight by forcing companies to monitor their employees weight and handing out fines if they are.

Absolute tyranny in my opinion.

dac6773a33f1503900e9c8b44b7f5f9c.jpg

According to Dr. Baker the UK is considering the same thing.

I’m all about getting healthy but nobody has a right to tell me how much I should weigh or eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Yeah, I am a business owner. Fining me for my employee's poor dietary habits doesn't even begin to make sense. I don't think the fear of unemployment should be one's motivation to lose weight.

And with regards to schools and children, I am much more in favor of parents educating and disciplining their children.

While we know the answer is simple, on the world stage it is actually quite complex. Big Food still makes bread, pastas, candies, and other high carb zero nutrition food on the cheap. Government assistance voucher are usually for this garbage too. Big Food also has their fingers in the system to control school lunches, etc. So like, what are they really going to do besides frustrate a child's self-image but not give them the tools to address it?

This world is upside down. 

If governments start dictating things like this then how long before they start making laws that tell you what you can eat. Since they are controlled by Big Food we know where that will lead to.
Anyone remember Soylent Green?

Japanese culture for ya. They've always had harsh guidelines for employment, insurance etc. I think they don't want the crisis we have here in the US. Healthcare that financially ruins you, and preys on you, and lies on you, while over saturated with the sickest people in the world, the US.

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

If governments start dictating things like this then how long before they start making laws that tell you what you can eat. Since they are controlled by Big Food we know where that will lead to.
Anyone remember Soylent Green?

Government in health has never showed any improvement. And yes, slippery slope.