• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Last night I had tilapia, salmon, and shrimp all cooked in a pan with butter.

Tonight, I had 4 beef sliders made with this pre-pattied 80/20 ground beef we get at Sam's Club, along with a all-beef sausage that I also found there.

• Bob changed the title to What's fer supper!?
  • Bob changed the title to What's fer supper!

I had eggs and sausage in the morning. Sardines and some cheese for lunch. After work I had to be somewhere, so I didn't eat until I returned home just now and since it's so close to bedtime, I just warmed up a single beef sausage thingy (kinda looks like a kielbasa) with some mustard and a few pork rinds. Not very exciting or creative today :default_shrugs:

19 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

Sardines go with mustard. Eggs go with cheese.

Then you'll be happy to know that I had sardines in mustard sauce today at lunch, lol. I've been telling myself I am going to cut back on cheese. After the triglyceride thing I'm gonna get a little more serious about following through.

Breakfast was eggs and sausage again. I worked a crazy long day today trying to get this one job done because my partner is taking a vacation next week. I didn't get home until 8pm and I just had myself a T-bone steak.

This will hopefully start this my 3rd 24-hr fast. I'm trying to repeat this every Friday-Saturday now.

Good job ob the mustard and sardines. 🙂

I had cheese omelet for lunch today and leftover ribs tonight.

If your gonna make it till Sat evening, ya might as well wait till breakfast  or lunch Sunday. That would be 36 hours or more. 

Don't watch the clock. Space out the things you can take without breaking a fast. Water/coffee/tea/vitamins/etc.  Just go untill ya just say "I'm done".

14 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

If your gonna make it till Sat evening, ya might as well wait till breakfast  or lunch Sunday. That would be 36 hours or more. 

I've thought about that a lot. 24-hrs had been my initial goal. I've pulled it off 2 weekends in a row now. But I have thought that if I can actually make it to beditime and fall asleep then when I wake up it's going to be an automatic 36+. 

6 minutes ago, ol_hilly said:

Remember when you do start eating again to not eat a big normal meal. Work your way into it. Give your system time to adjust.

Yeah, I have heard that. I've heard to have a single scrambled egg or some bone broth, and then wait 30 minutes. Then you can have a normal sized meal.

I can't remember how I broke my first 24-hr fast. I know for my 2nd one last week I had a pound of ground lamb. I was just fine. 

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yeah, I have heard that. I've heard to have a single scrambled egg or some bone broth, and then wait 30 minutes. Then you can have a normal sized meal.

I can't remember how I broke my first 24-hr fast. I know for my 2nd one last week I had a pound of ground lamb. I was just fine. 

But this time your going for a 36 hour giver take. I'd start with a one or two eggs however you want them.

Or....... just play it by ear.  🙂

So it was a no food Saturday. I broke my fast at noon today with 3 eggs and 6 sausage links. Then at 4pm the family wanted Mexican so I "cheated" on carnivore with a salad with grilled chicken and shrimp, lol.

This will probably be it for me today.

I had taco pie today.
Not strict carnivore but just a little dirty. I can handle some seasoning as long as there’s no sugar in it.
So the pie contains ground beef, some taco seasoning, eggs, garlic powder, heavy cream, salt, white pepper and cheese.
Pretty tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some turkey sausage and had 4 patties this morning. It wasn't satisfying so I chased it down with 6 pork sausage links, lol. For lunch I just snacked on some pork rinds because I was driving and couldn't eat the sardines I packed while in motion. For dinner, I grilled the wife and I some bone-in NY Strip steaks. She made Brussell sprouts that she wanted me to sample because she was proud of the way she made them tonight, so I had a few. Happy wife happy life 😉

After my doctors visit I had 4 turkey sausages and 3 eggs. For dinner I had upwards of a pound of ground beef and 3 chicken breast tenderloins.

None of it was very photogenic, lol. 

I wonder how @ol_hilly is doing