• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

11 hours ago, Geezy said:

Good old Texas bbq. Just finished smoking this 18 pound brisket.

That looks amazing!

I need to expand my carnivore cooking skill set. I tend to eat the same rotation of basic things.

Tonight I had marinaded chicken. It was this prepackaged stuff from Perdue that my wife brought home. The marinade was not bad but not clean either. I fried it up in tallow and it wasn't the greatest. Plus it was lean, so I ended up slathering it in butter and avacado oil mayo. 

Back to fatty meat tomorrow. I just had to make the wife happy 😉

I need to expand my carnivore cooking skill set. I tend to eat the same rotation of basic things.

I do most of the cooking since I retired and I’ve always loved to cook. My wife likes me to cook also. It’s not hard to be creative but it can be time consuming.
I always have a pretty good variety of different animals in my freezer so I don’t get bored with getting repetitive.
To be honest, when I hear of these people who just eat hamburger all the time…I don’t think I could do it. That’s my least favorite meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I turned 48 today. On the plus side, I feel a couple decades younger since I've lost 50 pounds and reversed several conditions thanks to the carnivore diet.

We went out to Longhorn Steakhouse, the wife and I, and so for this one meal I reverted to keto/ketovore, as I sometimes do (about once a month, maybe twice). 

I had a ribeye, side salad with vinegar and oil, and a side of broccoli. My wife couldn't finish her filet mignon so I got to have a few bites of that as well. 

I also had a shot of bourbon, which I usually only have on the first Tuesday of the month. But it was my intent to treat myself 😉

I drove up to Kansas today for a weekend of pheasant hunting. Wasn’t sure what my food choices might be so I packed some clean pepperoni, clean meat sticks, some cheese and a dozen hard boiled eggs. Munched on some of that on the 8 hour drive. After I got settled into the hotel I went looking for a steak.
Found this place called The Black Bison Pub. Ordered my usual ribeye.
Now I’m a Texan and we pride ourselves on our beef and I even raised my own but I’m here to tell you, that ribeye just may have been the best ribeye I’ve ever eaten.
These Kansas folks raise some good beef.

13 minutes ago, Geezy said:

How was the steak at Longhorn’s?

It's my favorite of the commercial chains. We we're big Texas Roadhouse fans, but Longhorn took the top spot for us a little while back. It's a little pricier too.

I am usually a NY Strip guy. Longhorn's were thicker and juicier. Red juice collected on the plate as I cut it up to eat it. This doesn't happen for me at Texas. 

I used to love Texas Roadhouse seasoning, until I bought a bottle to take home and saw that it was 2 ingredients, "Sugar, Seasoned Salt" in that order. Now if I go to Texas Roadhouse, I have them NOT sear with vegetable oil and just cook directly over the fire.

I am a little blind as to what Longhorn is doing with my steak. But eating out is rare for me these days, so an occasional bourbon and a little seed oil once in a blue moon isn't going to be the death of me, lol.

3 minutes ago, ol_hilly said:

Did you know there's such a thing as a camel dairy?

No I haven't. Probably due to the lack of camels here in Ohio, lol 

It doesn't surprise me though. Camels are mammals and all mammals produce milk. 

At the time I didn't know we had any here in Mo either. Till this gal came on board. Seems camels have quite a bit of history here in the states. I bet Geezy has camels in Texas.

There was a guy just down the road from me that had a couple. Funny looking critters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 3:52 PM, Geezy said:

Good old Texas bbq. Just finished smoking this 18 pound brisket.
0d232d279ec1ef80633ee5cf1b583817.jpg
ac9b64811fe7143dc99fa4552afdafee.jpg

I'm really going to have to level up my skills to match that. Looks great and probably tasted better.

Forgive me carnivore-father for I hath sinned, lol.

Last night my family wanted to go to their favorite Mexican place. Trying to eat carnivore there is pretty miserable, so I just revert to keto and get a grilled steak salad and some shrimp. The salad will have grilled fajita vegetables, tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. I'm generally okay with all that but I do imagine the fajita veggies and steak are probably cooked with a seed oil. Anyway, we only end up here about once every 2 months, so I'll live.

I am up one pound this morning, though.

Forgive me carnivore-father for I hath sinned, lol.
Last night my family wanted to go to their favorite Mexican place. Trying to eat carnivore there is pretty miserable, so I just revert to keto and get a grilled steak salad and some shrimp. The salad will have grilled fajita vegetables, tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. I'm generally okay with all that but I do imagine the fajita veggies and steak are probably cooked with a seed oil. Anyway, we only end up here about once every 2 months, so I'll live.
I am up one pound this morning, though.

Not a big deal Bob.
Being here in Texas we are covered up in mexican restaurants but it’s a lot easier for me to stay carnivore in a Mexican restaurant than an Italian.
Best case scenario they usually will have a steak on the menu or some kind of steak dish cooked mexican style.
Worst case there’s always fajitas on the menu.
In an Italian restaurant I generally just have to fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's dinner features some bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, 1/2 pound of ground beef with parmesan cheese and avocado oil mayonnaise for some extra fat 🙂

jalepenoPoppers.jpg