• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Seed Oils, Avoid Them If You Want Optimal Health.

Thanks for sharing this. I was surprised to see that these oils increase the appetite and why. 

It has now been solidified in my mind that eating this stuff is the same as smoking. If only I could get my husband to understand this. He would not read that if I sent it to him. 

This quote from the article irked me a bit:

"My advice to you is to do your own research. Learn how to read a research paper, how to check on the authors, whether they have competing interests and who funded the studies. Then have it and find out for yourself."

Sir, I already have two fulltime jobs as a working homeschooling mother/wife. And it really steams me that the people that should be taking care of the research (the "healthcare" workers) are letting us down.

Also, that little drizzle of sesame seed oil I used for flavor the other day has caused mild discomfort in my midsection and I am patiently waiting for that to subside. I am going to throw it out, so I won't make that mistake again.

Thanks for sharing this. I was surprised to see that these oils increase the appetite and why. 
It has now been solidified in my mind that eating this stuff is the same as smoking. If only I could get my husband to understand this. He would not read that if I sent it to him. 
This quote from the article irked me a bit:
"My advice to you is to do your own research. Learn how to read a research paper, how to check on the authors, whether they have competing interests and who funded the studies. Then have it and find out for yourself."
Sir, I already have two fulltime jobs as a working homeschooling mother/wife. And it really steams me that the people that should be taking care of the research (the "healthcare" workers) are letting us down.

Quite often we don’t even know we are sick until we start to heal.

You can’t escape a prison if you don’t even know you’re in one.

I believe that he’s saying in the article that we should not trust what he says but that we should read it and search out the truth for ourselves. Doctors don’t know the truth because they never read the studies themselves and just pass on what they were told. He’s just suggesting that we don’t do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, that little drizzle of sesame seed oil I used for flavor the other day has caused mild discomfort in my midsection and I am patiently waiting for that to subside. I am going to throw it out, so I won't make that mistake again.

Once I learned the truth about seed oils I avoid them as much as possible. I now use only animal fats, some MCT oil and once in a great while a fruit oil to season my cast iron.

@GeezyI get that we should do our own research. But I am not trying to make a living to explain to people why they should eat properly. The more I talk food science with people the more they tune out. I  just don't have time to sit and read scientific literature and also tract down the money. I will leave that to someone else and trust the process that seems to be working in this n=1. I will focus my time on how to properly teach my 8 year old  his multiplication tables and how to navigate this crazy world instead. I guess what angers me the most is that the "anointed" as Thomas Sowell calls them, are leading the masses down the primrose path without actually reading the science or having the ethics to recognize or care that the scientific process has been corrupted.

2 hours ago, Miranda said:

@GeezyI get that we should do our own research. But I am not trying to make a living to explain to people why they should eat properly. The more I talk food science with people the more they tune out. I  just don't have time to sit and read scientific literature and also tract down the money. I will leave that to someone else and trust the process that seems to be working in this n=1. I will focus my time on how to properly teach my 8 year old  his multiplication tables and how to navigate this crazy world instead. I guess what angers me the most is that the "anointed" as Thomas Sowell calls them, are leading the masses down the primrose path without actually reading the science or having the ethics to recognize or care that the scientific process has been corrupted.

I made it a priority to not ever give people food advice. I only tell them what I do and how it helped me. Talking diet is now like talking politics. We are too far gone to agree or disagree like adults. We are conditioned to choose a side and stubbornly defend it even to our own demise. So I still get the message out, and be the example, than to try to explain what one should do or not. The best we can do is BE the example, by doing, not saying. 

I made it a priority to not ever give people food advice. I only tell them what I do and how it helped me. Talking diet is now like talking politics. We are too far gone to agree or disagree like adults. We are conditioned to choose a side and stubbornly defend it even to our own demise. So I still get the message out, and be the example, than to try to explain what one should do or not. The best we can do is BE the example, by doing, not saying. 

Good advice. I answer direct questions. If challenged I’m ready to defend my position but generally when someone notices the improvements in me I just simply say “Thank you.”
No one really want to hear what I believe and if they do then they will ask directly.
In the beginning I was so excited about how mind blowing the transformation through carnivore was that I felt the need to tell people but I soon realized that they really didn’t care. I’ve had a couple of people that did ask specifics and were genuinely interested and they both asked for more information so I gave them resources. One I know for sure has changed their life around but I don’t know if the other has.

10 hours ago, Carnivore Club said:

I remember dipping my eggs in rapeseed oil mayo back in my keto days. Knowing what I know now makes me cringe.

Mayo was my favorite condiments. I loved it so much. I have tried to make it but it's just not the same. But now I know why I used get such horrible upset stomach at the summer BBQs as a kid. I always thought I was heat intolerant, turns out I was ODing on Mayo laden noodle and potato salad, oily potato chips and dips.

19 hours ago, Geezy said:

Good advice. I answer direct questions. If challenged I’m ready to defend my position but generally when someone notices the improvements in me I just simply say “Thank you.”
No one really want to hear what I believe and if they do then they will ask directly.
In the beginning I was so excited about how mind blowing the transformation through carnivore was that I felt the need to tell people but I soon realized that they really didn’t care. I’ve had a couple of people that did ask specifics and were genuinely interested and they both asked for more information so I gave them resources. One I know for sure has changed their life around but I don’t know if the other has.

The same for me. In the beginning, I wanted to preach door to door. We are all trapped in our own prisons in a way, but as an escapee you just rattle their cages, it's all just noise to them. Think Allegory Of The Cave by Plato. We are the returning prisoner of the cave, and are deemed blinded by the sun. 

I had a visit from my twin brother from overseas, we stepped on the scale and there is a 40 lbs. difference! Same genetics, same upbringing, etc. A perfect test. Reminds me of that flawed Netflix "documentary" about twins and diet, basically vegan propaganda. Anyhow, we got off the scale and no words needed to be said. The results were undeniable. You can't drag the prisoner out of the cave, for they will be wounded and angry. Let them have their own shadows. 

1 hour ago, Miranda said:

Mayo was my favorite condiments. I loved it so much. I have tried to make it but it's just not the same. But now I know why I used get such horrible upset stomach at the summer BBQs as a kid. I always thought I was heat intolerant, turns out I was ODing on Mayo laden noodle and potato salad, oily potato chips and dips.

Sounds pretty tasty though.... 

The same for me. In the beginning, I wanted to preach door to door. We are all trapped in our own prisons in a way, but as an escapee you just rattle their cages, it's all just noise to them. Think Allegory Of The Cave by Plato. We are the returning prisoner of the cave, and are deemed blinded by the sun. 

I had a visit from my twin brother from overseas, we stepped on the scale and there is a 40 lbs. difference! Same genetics, same upbringing, etc. A perfect test. Reminds me of that flawed Netflix "documentary" about twins and diet, basically vegan propaganda. Anyhow, we got off the scale and no words needed to be said. The results were undeniable. You can't drag the prisoner out of the cave, for they will be wounded and angry. Let them have their own shadows. 

You are correct, You can’t escape a prison if you don’t even know you’re in one.