• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Hello my name is John and I am new to the carnivore diet, and I was wondering if the costco beef okay quality to be eating every day for the carnivore diet?  Will it negatively impact my results?  In the past the centralized beef for an example from burger king has given me aches and made me almost throw up.

The Burger King experience is interesting. I haven't had any Burger King since being on my carnivore diet. They claim 100% USDA beef, although I am sure it's "Standard" grade. But in any event, it should be pretty benign, and therefore edible. I know they had some controversies regarding their meat years and years ago.

But YES, the Costco beef should be good stuff. I get almost all my meat from Sam's Club, and I believe the fresh meat there is either Prime or Choice (Prime is top tier and will cost more). I usually buy the Choice cuts to save money. 

They also have prepackaged Wagyu as well as Grass Fed, and I get both of these as well. 

I don't think you will have a problem with Costco meats, at least in the fresh meat sections. I might be more leary of buying a frozen package of burgers, precooked or not, as those would most likely be Select or Standard grade - not that there's anything wrong with that. In the end, meat is meat. The grading has to do with how much marbling is present along with the age of the cow at the time of processing.

Welcome John.
I’ve never been in a Costco, we don’t have one in my town yet.
A guy I watch on utube called Old Guy Carnivore gets all his meats at Costco and Sams. They seem to have just about any variety of meat you want. Old Guy buys mostly grass fed beef and Wagyu from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Bob said:

The Burger King experience is interesting. I haven't had any Burger King since being on my carnivore diet. They claim 100% USDA beef, although I am sure it's "Standard" grade. But in any event, it should be pretty benign, and therefore edible. I know they had some controversies regarding their meat years and years ago.

But YES, the Costco beef should be good stuff. I get almost all my meat from Sam's Club, and I believe the fresh meat there is either Prime or Choice (Prime is top tier and will cost more). I usually buy the Choice cuts to save money. 

They also have prepackaged Wagyu as well as Grass Fed, and I get both of these as well. 

I don't think you will have a problem with Costco meats, at least in the fresh meat sections. I might be more leary of buying a frozen package of burgers, precooked or not, as those would most likely be Select or Standard grade - not that there's anything wrong with that. In the end, meat is meat. The grading has to do with how much marbling is present along with the age of the cow at the time of processing.

Thank you for your response

Not that I know enough yet to comment on the effectiveness with carnivore, but I stocked up from Sam's when I got started.

There were some pretty good deals on the Prime and Select meats. My son bought Prime Rib eyes the month before and they were incredible. I bought some and coked the same way were not what I expected. I guess it depended on who gave it the grade.

The chicken is a pretty good deal as well.

Scott