• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

Atophogy will happen.

The thing is you can't stray from carnivore (cheating or anything), drink electrolytes religiously and stay as active as you can. 

I was 300lbs dropped to 265, I'm 6ft 1 in.

Lost my man cans,2 inches of belly with no exercise but I'm constantly on my feet every day. 

Yeah, I've read about on autophagy and I know it's fantastic in regards to recycling old and damaged cells, which in itself is great, especially the anti-cancer aspect. 

I do expect autophagy will help with some lose skin, but I just wasnt expecting to see it so soon. I'm only down 50lbs of the near 200lbs I want to lose. I should look about more into Dr Jason Fung to see if I can get a better picture of how much weight his patients that experienced no significant loose skin lost. 

Congrats on your weight loss too buddy!
And the loss of the man cans! 🤣
Fingers crossed I can lose mine too, haha!

But sure! Thanks for the advice! I have been getting more and more active slowly, but I should get back to some weight training. I bought a bench and some neat adjustable dumbells, so I have what I need to build some lean mass. Just need to pull my finger out of my butt.

44 minutes ago, Geezy said:

At my age the skin doesn’t snap back like it used to. I’ve been stable at 165lbs and 6 feet tall now for a couple of months after losing 60 pounds. There is a lot of loose skin all over. The skin on my arm will wrinkle up if I hold my are in the right position. I’m lifting weights to see if that will help and I’m hoping atophagy will kick in but I don’t know if it works that well in people my age. Doesn’t matter though. It’s not going to change how I eat one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The joys of getting older eh!
I remember when I used to find old people skin gross!
Now I watch my own skin age 🤣
I'm only 37 though, so I still have a bit of that plump look left - for now.
I try to stay on top of my hydration and since I rarely drink sodas for many years I reckon I'm better hydrated than most! (if I stay away from coffee that is)

Congrats to you too bud.
At 165lbs and 6' do you reckon that's where you're happy to stay?

I mean, you cant really have much left to lose if your 6 foot 165!?

Congrats to you too bud.
At 165lbs and 6' do you reckon that's where you're happy to stay?

I mean, you cant really have much left to lose if your 6 foot 165!?

Thank you and yes I’m very happy with my weight but I am at the very bottom of the weight scale for my height.
I am in full maintenance mode now. Since I’m hitting the weights a little now I may even put some back on but this time it will be muscle and not fat.

On 9/11/2024 at 4:46 PM, Nowler said:

Anyone got tips on reducing chances of lose skin?

They say autophagy. If you can fit in some 1-3 day fasts here and there, it's supposed to help. 

10 hours ago, Nowler said:

I remember when I used to find old people skin gross!

I'm getting there. When I dropped a bunch of weight last year, you could see it in my face. I was getting that turkey neck folds, lol. My new beard hides that now 😄

3 hours ago, Nowler said:

never made it to 2 days though.

You could try eating alot of protein before fasting. 

I never thought I would make it not being hungry past 3 hours.  Just before my 90 days doing carnivore I did a 60 hr fast, I broke it because I was super bored and 60 hrs was a milestone for me. 

I'm getting there. When I dropped a bunch of weight last year, you could see it in my face. I was getting that turkey neck folds, lol. My new beard hides that now

Getting ready for my last surgery I decided to shave off my goatee.
Couldn’t wait for it to grow back to help hide that turkey neck and not to mention some of the ugly.