• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Greetings from a Newbie

Hello, everyone, thank you for allowing me to join.  I just started the Carnivore diet a few weeks ago.  I'm feeling a bit better, and my bloodwork is a bit better.  However, I want to tackle this head-on, and there's a lot of conflicting info on the internet.  So, I'm hoping this is the place where I can find expert advice.

Welcome. I have been on the diet since May 8th and on the forum a few weeks later. I'm still sort of new.

I'm no expert by any means as I tend to stay away from 'experts'. LOL

I prefer personal stories and experiences. Experts tell you what is going to happen, and people tell you what actually happened. I prefer the latter.

best of luck and welcome.

Scott

24 minutes ago, Scott F. said:

Welcome. I have been on the diet since May 8th and on the forum a few weeks later. I'm still sort of new.

I'm no expert by any means as I tend to stay away from 'experts'. LOL

I prefer personal stories and experiences. Experts tell you what is going to happen, and people tell you what actually happened. I prefer the latter.

best of luck and welcome.

Scott

Thank you Scott!

Welcome aboard Jughead.
The conflicting info comes from the fact that many are just opinions. There is no exact science in how to do this way of eating. It’s a matter of finding your own path to walk down. We are all different emotionally and physically. Our metabolisms and physiology are all different so what works for me may not give you the same results so you need to start with a foundation and then built a diet that is custom to you. So if you are trying one thing because it was suggested in a video but it didn’t work for you then be willing to adjust.
Try not to overthink this way of eating. It’s super simple. Eat when hungry. Eat only when hungry and then eat fatty meat,use salt and drink water. Give it 90 days to see how things work in you and adjust things around if needed. In my case I did need to change anything when I hit 90 days. In fact by that time I had no desire to change anything. I loved this new lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Welcome aboard Jughead.
The conflicting info comes from the fact that many are just opinions. There is no exact science in how to do this way of eating. It’s a matter of finding your own path to walk down. We are all different emotionally and physically. Our metabolisms and physiology are all different so what works for me may not give you the same results so you need to start with a foundation and then built a diet that is custom to you. So if you are trying one thing because it was suggested in a video but it didn’t work for you then be willing to adjust.
Try not to overthink this way of eating. It’s super simple. Eat when hungry. Eat only when hungry and then eat fatty meat,use salt and drink water. Give it 90 days to see how things work in you and adjust things around if needed. In my case I did need to change anything when I hit 90 days. In fact by that time I had no desire to change anything. I loved this new lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sense Geoff, I'll keep that in mind.  Thank you!

I'm about 8o days in and the only adjustment I really made was salt/electrolytes.

Now I'm using the electrolyte mix I made (salt) to salt my food to taste. 

Like geezy said, we are all different. As for my weight loss, with basically the same routine, I'm losing way more weight with fatty red meat than with other proteins such as chicken/pork/fish. There is a guy I work with who is also trying the diet dropped weight really fast to start but has levelled off. 

I'm eating pretty much one time per day when I am working 12 hour shifts and when I am off i will do eggs in the morning and then wait til I am hungry. Sometimes that is the next morning. 

babbling, but I would not expect two different people to have the same results from Carnivore, or any other diet for that matter.

Scott

19 minutes ago, Scott F. said:

I'm about 8o days in and the only adjustment I really made was salt/electrolytes.

Like geezy said, we are all different. As for my weight loss, with basically the same routine, I'm losing way more weight with fatty red meat than with other proteins such as chicken/pork/fish. There is a guy I work with who is also trying the diet dropped weight really fast to start but has levelled off. 

I'm eating pretty much one time per day when I am working 12 hour shifts and when I am off i will do eggs in the morning and then wait til I am hungry. Sometimes that is the next morning. 

babbling, but I would not expect two different people to have the same results from Carnivore, or any other diet for that matter.

Scott

Thanks Scott.  I'm not trying to lose weight personally, although my doc says I'm "obese."  I told him hewas crazy.  I'm 5' 9" and 206 pounds, but it's all in my gut.  My goal is to lower my sugar and A1C, and to have more energy to workout.  I also want to keep my arteries and veins from inflammation and avoid blood clots.  I use salt to cook with and season my food. For me, processed foods and sugar/carbs are my worst enemies.

Welcome, Jughead!  I just joined myself, and find this to be a very supportive, informative, and caring community. I have been Keto/Carnivore since 2018, and have tried many variations of those diets.  Now I'm just eating beef and a few cashews.  I did have some cheese today, and I need to ditch that for good.  We're all different, so as the others said, you need to find what works for your body. Ditching the things you have is a great place to start. 

5 hours ago, Laura said:

Welcome, Jughead!  I just joined myself, and find this to be a very supportive, informative, and caring community. I have been Keto/Carnivore since 2018, and have tried many variations of those diets.  Now I'm just eating beef and a few cashews.  I did have some cheese today, and I need to ditch that for good.  We're all different, so as the others said, you need to find what works for your body. Ditching the things you have is a great place to start. 

Thank you Laura!

Hi Jughead, welcome to the group. Like Scott said, I prefer personal testimony rather than so called expert influencer content. I will occasionally tune into Kelly Hogan, for a lot of her content is motivational. But mostly I just like listening to people telling how much better their lives are now.

On 7/25/2024 at 11:37 PM, Scott F. said:

That sounds brilliant. I might just make some homemade electrolytes and do the same.