• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

That’s great.
It’s one moment at a time then one day at a time which becomes one week at a time and before long you’ve put a year behind you.
Keep up the good and steadfast work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of day 13, no cravings or sugar withdrawal symptoms so I think I am one of the lucky few to get through the first phase of kicking sugar addiction with no side effects.  No diarrhea for 5 days either just normal bms every other day.  I am keeping track of calories just as a side effect of tracking my fat to protein ratios which have stayed about 70/30 and I think that's OK.  Surprisingly I have only gone over 2200 Cals 1 day and it was just a couple hundred over.  I'm not really trying to keep to that number but eating till I'm full and only eating 1-2 times a day it's just working out that way.

I made my family breaded pork steak, mashed potatoes and gravy with sweet corn.  It's one of my favorite meals and I won't lie it looked really good but it was not all that hard to pass it up.  I just ate un breaded pork steak fried in bacon grease and it was really good, nice and fatty.  I'm not really supposed to eat it as I am really trying to stick to bbb&e but I don't think it will hurt me much.  What was harder though was not opening a can of sauerkraut to go with them!

Congrats. I too eased out of the sugars easily as well. My Mountain Dew and Little Debbie cake every morning was somewhere between ritual and religion. LOL

So far the only time similar to yours was some black beans and corn. I would have thought it would have been one of the sugars like the soft drinks or the sweet cakes or maybe even the ice cream. Nope. Black beans and corn.

I have not tracked calories since I started. I might try it just to see where I'm at just to know. 

Again, congrats on the first two weeks.

Scott

I just ate un breaded pork steak fried in bacon grease and it was really good, nice and fatty.  I'm not really supposed to eat it as I am really trying to stick to bbb&e but I don't think it will hurt me much.  What was harder though was not opening a can of sauerkraut to go with them!

As long as you don’t have any reactions to eating pork there’s nothing wrong with eating that pork chop as long as it wasn’t breaded. After all, your eating bacon aren’t you? I think you’re doing great and your mindset is spot on. Keep up the good work.
Now my weakness with pork chops was have applesauce or Apfelmus with them. That’s the German coming out in me.

Week 2 I was down 4 pounds.  A little disappointed but down is down.  Still feel great and loving what I get to eat so I am happy!

Get that negativity out of your mind right now (said in my best grandfatherly voice while wagging my finger.)
Seriously, don’t have an attitude like that. Losing one pound or four pounds is a victory to be cherished.
If we are going to be honest that was probably water weight but that’s a good thing because it means the diet is working because as your body is transitioning it will shed water in greater amounts. Hence the reason to be drinking water and keeping your electrolytes up.
You much have a positive mindset about this or you will really struggle when you hit your first stall.
Try to focus on the fact that this is not a diet in the traditional sense of dieting for weight loss but rather it’s a way of eating as a lifestyle designed to become metabolically healthy. As we become healthier our bodies will lose weight to become optimal.
Just eat plenty of animal fats and animal protein along with just water and salt and let the body do what it’s designed to do. It will all come in time.

Agree with Geezy. Stay positive. 

I'm no expert but sometimes the weight is just a number and you may stall on the scales and still cinch the belt up a notch.

I hung out at 25-29 pounds, up and down for a period, but the belt was moving. 

Good luck. And not only see the positives but look for the positives as well.

Scott

You're making excellent progress 🙂

That initial drastic weight drop is always exciting that first week (the water weight), but then it does slow down and become more realistic. Weight loss isn't linear. Somedays will even go up, leaving you scratching your head, lol.

My video on "Seeing is believing" shows my Carb Manager chart over there last several years of my weight loss journey. Down, down, up, down, stall, down, up, up, drastic down, stall again, lol.