• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I started carnivore over 6 weeks ago and overall feel better but have not lost any weight.  My clothes seem to fit looser and I feel like i reduced the inflammation in the body but to be honest was hoping for some weight being shed considering All the testimonies around. I'm overweight and hovering around 290 to 295 , 6 feet tall. Really discouraged to be honest. Any suggestions would be appreciated 

Well to start with it is unusual to have lost nothing in six weeks. Most people will lose water weight if nothing else.
The first thing I’d look at is my diet. Have you eliminated everything from your diet except animal fats, animal proteins, salt and water?
Are you emphasizing eating a high fat and moderate protein diet? The fat to protein ratio is important.

Next thing is to be aware that this is first and foremost a way of eating to obtain optimal health. It’s not a weight loss diet. All “diets” fail.
As your body heals there will be weight loss but that is a side effect not the primary effect.
For some people it can take longer than others before their bodies heal enough to shed the fat. Look up Kelly Hogan. It took her six months before she started losing weight. In fact she gained weight in the beginning but look at her now. She stuck with it because she wanted to be healed and saw the changes that were happening in her body. She had the mindset that she wanted to succeed.

She and possibly you are prof that we are all methodically different. What works for me may not work the same way for you. The principals are the same but sometimes the methods may need tweaking for the individual.
This is not a cookie cutter, one size fits all, diet.
You may need to find your own path on this journey and the place to start is at the beginning.
Make sure you are eating a 70-30 percent ratio of fats to protein. Eat only when you are hungry and then eat until you are comfortably full.
Drink only water and use salt liberally.
Give it plenty of time, two weeks or longer. If no change then try upping your fat intake and give that some time to see what happens. You may have to experiment by adjusting your fats an protein to different ratios until you find what works for you. Just give it enough time in between trials.
This is not a race so try not to be impatient. If you are doing this for the right reasons then you’ve got plenty of time to figure this out…a lifetime.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/18/2024 at 9:19 PM, kaz said:

My clothes seem to fit looser and I feel like i reduced the inflammation in the body

So those are both positives. Reduced inflammation paves the way for some healing to take place. There were periods of time where I also stalled on the scale, but continued to drop notches on my belt. Some people refer to that as body recompositioning.

It would be good to know what you are eating and when. If you're still eating 3 meals a day, have you made a point to eliminate snacking? How about not eating at least 3-4 hours before going to bed? How about your choice of beverages?

If you're not tracking calories and macros, I would recommend doing so for a few weeks. Carb Manager is a great app and it's free.

Two good responses.

One of the primary things to understand it is a process of elimination. (I was 6'3" 306 and as high as 320, so not pointing fingers). I made all the "right" decision to get to 320 if 320 was my goal. Since I started carnivore it has been much more about what I am not eating than what I am eating. Eating animal products, drinking water and adding salt works but the objective is to eliminate all the things that helped me get to 320.

I would take the advice from Bob Geezy, as both are solid. Then look at what has been eliminated and what still may need to be eliminated.

As far as the scale, although I have dropped a lot of weight there were times when it stalled. During the stall times I was still cinching up the belt every so often. 

And before the weight was seriously falling, I came off meds for ped/inflammation from NMOSD (auto-immune disease). 

There are positives other than the scale. Recognize and celebrate those when you can.

Best of luck.

Scott

From my personal experience I started eating when I was hungry until I felt full. Chuck roast in slow cooker drinking the juices was dinner, 6 eggs with 4 strips of thin bacon added some cheese for filler and taste.

Water with Redmond real salt for electrolytes all day/night.

This kept me satiated and feeling healthier. 

I've moved onto 1.5 lbs 73/27 ground beef only 1 meal a day with my electrolytes. 

Don't give up as I've had stalled weight loss but so many positive things have happened since I've started this lifestyle.