• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Looking to Start carnivore diet

Hey guys, lately I've been considering to transition to a carnivore diet. Mainly out of curiosity to see the changes but also I know I have many sensitivies from a regular diet towards white carbs, sugars, dairy, processed foods ect so I believe carnivore is 100% worth trying. 

The one thing holding me back is my current body composition. I am 5'11, a lean 82kg sitting at around 10-12% body fat. Im already a hard gainer with a maintenance of around 3200-3400. Ive been highly active my whole life so a mixture of lifetsyle/ gentics keep my metabolism burning like crazy. 

I am aware that carnivore diet will see a big drop in scale weight due to water retention but also the decrease in calories will be quite large. Im being offput by the idea of seeing my size drop so much, and as I am already a very lean individual Im not sure how well this would go with  my current body type?

In this image i am sititng at 79kg so im slightly heavier currently(82), but when my condition is naturally this lean ( I literally never in my life had to do a cut of any degree always eating roughly in the 3600-4000 calorie range) I cant imagine how much weight I will lose that will potnetially be muscle?

I would really appreciate some insights / advice! Thank you in advance

IMG_4512.PNG

Heavy heavy fatty fats.

Meats butter and electrolytes. 

Fat is where you get your energy/calories along with butter (grass fed non gmo)

It's a start I'm sure others have more ideas, this is off the top of my head. 

23 minutes ago, Scott F. said:

Welcome.

Dr. Shawn Baker and Dr. Chaffee have several videos that speak directly to the points/questions you are asking.

Check them out on youtube.

Scott

Nice been watching some of shawns videos but ill look up Dr.Chaffee also! Thanks

23 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Heavy heavy fatty fats.

Meats butter and electrolytes. 

Fat is where you get your energy/calories along with butter (grass fed non gmo)

It's a start I'm sure others have more ideas, this is off the top of my head. 

Ok great thanks for the help!

You obviously look very fit and you have a good metabolism.
All of my experience comes from the other spectrum of being fat, out of shape and metabolically sick but there are more and more athletes coming into the carnivore lifestyle for the simple fact that it’s a healthier way to eat and they find that once they are fat adapted they have better endurance.
I agree wholeheartedly that you need to look up Dr’s. Chaffee and Baker. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience being world class athletes who eat carnivore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Geezy said:

You obviously look very fit and you have a good metabolism.
All of my experience comes from the other spectrum of being fat, out of shape and metabolically sick but there are more and more athletes coming into the carnivore lifestyle for the simple fact that it’s a healthier way to eat and they find that once they are fat adapted they have better endurance.
I agree wholeheartedly that you need to look up Dr’s. Chaffee and Baker. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience being world class athletes who eat carnivore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will dive deeper into both of their videos for sure! Thanks

On 8/31/2024 at 6:41 AM, Cory said:

Im already a hard gainer with a maintenance of around 3200-3400... the decrease in calories will be quite large. Im being offput by the idea of seeing my size drop so much, and as I am already a very lean individual

The calories don't necessarily have to decrease. If I recall, people like Shawn Baker and Anthony Chaffee, who are cut and work out, both eat about 3 pounds of meat each day. Those of us who are trying to lose weight usually add in intermittent fasting, and only eat 1-2 pounds a day, and might average half those calories or slightly more.