• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Day 1

Hello all! 

My name is Megan and I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. I was carnivore about 18 months ago and really saw a positive improvement in my health. Unfortunately I fell away from this lifestyle and have had a hard time getting back to it. I have watched my health decline right back to where I started. It is incredibly frustrating because I know how good I can feel. I have joined this community hoping that the support will be just what I need to get back to good health. One day at a time.

Megan 

Welcome/welcome back.

I'm relatively new to the diet, maybe pushing 5 months. This is a great place to stop by and ask questions, get some good information and so forth.

Hopefully you regain those improvements. I have Neuromyelitis Spectrum Disorder and I have been off medications since late May/early June. 

Best of luck, I'm of the mindset if you did it once, you can do it again.

Scott

Welcome back Megan. We're here to help in any way we can.

I often here people say "what is your Why?" for doing this diet, and that if you can remember your Why, then that will help you stay the course. Your Why is certainly tied up in knowing that you CAN feel better, becaue you did it once and you know it benefitted you. You can do it again, and so let's do it and 18 months from now you can look back on today as just a blip on the radar - you slipped, but you got back up again!

Welcome aboard. 

36 minutes ago, Bob said:

I often here people say "what is your Why?" for doing this diet, and that if you can remember your Why, then that will help you stay the course.

^^^^^^^^^

Best advice Megan.

You have people in your life you care about and they care about you.  

I made the change to be here for my wife and 4 legged furbaby.

Welcome Megan, you’ve got a great support group here.
Having an addiction to carbs is just like any other addiction. You have to be determined to beat it. You have to be stronger than the addiction. Just like an alcoholic or drug addict you have to fight it one day at a time.
Start with today. Stay clean for just today. You will feel so victorious when the day ends and you go to bed.
When the new day starts then you start all over again and just get through that day. You do this every day anew and before you know it your addiction is gone.
The physical addiction is easy to beat but the mental addiction is the tough one because it lasts longer than the physical. So to beat that you have to have a strong mental game. I new to adopt the mindset that you cannot fail. No matter what, you will not fail.
You can do this girl and we’re here to support you any way we can.
Good luck and stay strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Daisy said:

I know the first week or so can be really tough

Yes it can. You have the potential "keto flu", adaptation/transition phase, and then cravings to conquer. For me, the strength to overcome addiction came in sets of "3's". 

The first 3 days were the toughest.
After 3 weeks, I knew I could keep going.
After 3 months, this was easily my new permanent lifestyle.

Hiiii people. I am very new to this lifestyle. Had my own slew of health issues like many of you all, while being only 20. I’ll save ya the sob story but I found carnivore and REALLY want to try it out. The seed has been rooted and it grows stronger everyday. It’s hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/25/2024 at 11:16 AM, Slambo said:

Had my own slew of health issues... while being only 20... but I found carnivore and REALLY want to try it out.

Do it! You can make your course correction and at 20 years old I would imagine you would experience some tremendous healing in less time compared to those of us who are much older and severely battered. You have to be willing to commit. Make it a vow, set smaller, achievable goals at first. Let's go! 

For balanced education, binge Ken Berry.

For inspiration, binge Sean Baker. 

For motivation, binge Homestead How.