• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Just Signed Up. About Five Weeks Into Carnivore

I'm Steve, from northwest Ga. I've begun carnivore not for weight loss (I'm a small guy anyway, 5'4", 135 lbs) but to hopefully help with insulin resistance and blood pressure. I loathe the idea of being on meds. I won't do it.

Until starting the diet I was drinking from 20-30 beers a week. None since except for several on my birthday a couple of weeks ago. No changes yet in my BP. 

Glad to hear your kicking all sorts of habits. 

Have you had any blood work done lately? If you search for "reasons for high blood pressure" you see there can be a variety of reasons, with 'underlying health conditions' being one of them. For example, I still take blood pressure meds. My BP has come down considerably, but not as low as I would like. But my underlying issue is stage 4 chronic kidney disease, so I don't know if I will ever get it down to pristine levels. 

But with that aside, keep doing what you are doing. A well-rounded carnivore diet is absolutely the best thing for you. 

The alcohol has got to go for a while my good sir. That amount is like taking tons of medication, and in fact it IS a medication at this point. That is the cold heart truth of it. Happy belated birthday and good luck on your journey. 

Welcome Steve. You are definitely on the right track to improve your health.
You have the right perspective coming into this to heal.
I have been carnivore for over 510 days now and in that time my blood pressure has normalized and my cardiologist has taken me off all of my medications. I am pill free for the first time in 6 years.
I hope you experience the same results I have.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome.

I'm at five months. I'm an all-positives guy thus far with carnivore.

Although I never had BP issues even tho I was 6'3" 306 (as much as 321) my BP was slightly lower after 90 days as well as drop in cholesterol/triglycerides.

I'm pain and inflammation "pill free" due to carnivore.

The first thing that pops up after carnivore is 'weight loss'. I think the needle needs to be pushed a little more toward the other benefits as well.

Welcome and best of luck.

Scott