• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Hi there! Just started 10 days ago!

Hi!  I'm Amber.  I have been on various low carb diets before with quite a bit of success, but in all of those successes, it was when I severely limited even veggies that I found myself feeling the best.  So, after gaining all and more back, I decided maybe adding all of those "safe carbs" back was a bad idea, and it was a gateway to definitely NOT safe carbs that I started craving!

My first week I had some decent headaches, but only one migraine day and I consider that an absolute success.  It has become obvious to me in the last couple years that sugar greatly exacerbates my migraines.

I am doing classic carnivore, so meats, dairy, and some spices, coffee, and tea.  I am going to try to slowly wean myself off of those extras.  I have cut many of the spices already.  I weightlift 3 times a week, full body.  I have been doing that for years off and on, so I am not adding any extra exercise.  I also hike with a backpack with my husband on some weekends.

I joined a forum because it seems that I do the best when I can actually read other peoples' trials and successes and interact with people doing the same thing, and I don't think the forums on My Fitness Pal go any further than keto.

Thanks for reading!

Yay! Happy to have you! I’m a noobie too and doing the same classic carni as you are.
The forum is great for accountability. and a sense of community is really important when doing a WOE like this, especially if no one in your circle is on the same page (my case🥲).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard @wat_meme.

Hopefully you'll find this lifestyle lucrative in the way of health. 

I'm 4 months carnivore > chasing better health through medication and having my innocence (trust) ruined by medical professionals. 

I've lost 35 lbs in 3 months, neuropathy in my extremities nearly gone and too much to list has improved, disappeared from my life. All to be here for my wife and 4 legged fur baby. 

@Slambo thanks!  Glad to see others that have just started.  Are you through the ick phase?  My husband has no problem with what I eat, but he did think my "pizza" omelet was a little weird tonight.  Eggs are what I am eating when I can't figure out what exactly I want and I have no ground beef thawed.

@Meathead Honestly, the 35 pounds is pretty amazing for 3 months, but that you have improved your neuropathy is insane!  I have several diabetics in my family and friend circle, T1 and T2, and neuropathy is a common topic, it can be excruciating for them.

Thanks @Geezy!

Welcome to carnivore, and carnivore talk. You'll find support, encouragement, advice and knowledge here. I have learned a lot here. We all just try to learn the most we can while being on the same path towards health and happiness. I am 10 months in, and having always been a disciplined eater, having tried numerous ways towards improvements, THIS is the "diet" that has truly astounded me. 

I did not have any weight to lose, but I do "suffer" from AS. And after a lifetime of trying things out, from sauna, to dairy free, no gluten, cold water therapy, Tai Chi, jogging, meditation, etc. THIS "Diet" has impressed me the most of all. Inflammation is way down, working out is no longer painful. I am glad you joined us, have a seat, have a coffee, and enjoy the ride. 

[mention=850]Slambo[/mention] thanks!  Glad to see others that have just started.  Are you through the ick phase?  My husband has no problem with what I eat, but he did think my "pizza" omelet was a little weird tonight.  Eggs are what I am eating when I can't figure out what exactly I want and I have no ground beef thawed.

[mention=756]Meathead[/mention] Honestly, the 35 pounds is pretty amazing for 3 months, but that you have improved your neuropathy is insane!  I have several diabetics in my family and friend circle, T1 and T2, and neuropathy is a common topic, it can be excruciating for them.

Thanks [mention=79]Geezy[/mention]!

Not sure if you mean the “ick” phase from me or my family, but my family has kind of just accepted it and I’m still in my bottomless pit/ravenous most days phase. Not at all tired of eating animal products and I crave them so much lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk