• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Meat and mental health - A meta-analysis of meat consumption towards depression and anxiety.pdf [Files Library]

Bob

Meat and mental health - A meta-analysis of meat consumption towards depression and anxiety.pdf

In 2017, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported that mental illness was the leading cause of disability worldwide. They estimated that over 300 million people suffer from depression and over 260 million people suffer from anxiety. These estimates reflect a substantial increase in the number of people living with mental disorders over the past two decades... In parallel with increments in mental disorders, vegetarianism and veganism have become more popular and prevalent worldwide.. As a result, the question of whether meat consumption or avoidance is associated with better mental health has become a controversial issue in public health and nutrition science... Briefly, we found that the majority of studies showed that meat abstainers (vegetarians and vegans) had substantially higher rates or risk of depression, anxiety, and/or self-harm. Additionally, these groups were more likely to be prescribed medication for mental-health issues.

While that really doesn’t surprise me one bit I think the bigger reason is that we as a society have conditioned each generation to feel entitled and weak. Children are given whatever they want and their feelings are mollycoddled to the point where everything offends them or hurts their little feelings.
Rarely are there any children that are raised to be tough and just learn to deal with adversity.
I believe the majority of “mental illnesses” is BS and just people wanting attention.
My grandfather fought in WWI, mu father fought in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, my brother fought in Vietnam, my nephew in desert storm. Sure, they may have had a few issues but they have never once ever whined about anything. They’re tough both mentally and physically. When I served in the army I was surrounded by Vietnam vets that dealt with whatever life threw their way.
Men used to be tough but these days they are just wimps. Probably too much soy induced estrogen.
Our society just gets weaker and weaker while the pharmaceutical industry gets richer and richer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Men used to be tough but these days they are just wimps. Probably too much soy induced estrogen.

Here we go, lol.... :lol1:

large.menThenVsNow.jpg.9acde52c4b8fef351