• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

21 hours ago, Erik said:

I had a pretty bad episode of diverticulitis and had to go to the ER around 6 this morning... this has been a problem since 2015, although I haven't had an episode this bad in a long time.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that as you progress towards carnivore that these episodes will decrease in frequency. I've heard many stories of people whose gut issues completely resolved with a proper ketovore/carnivore diet due to low/no fiber in their diet.

21 hours ago, Erik said:

I had a poached egg and also made some Jello -- not the best thing to eat, but I have to give my guts a rest for a few days and only eat stuff that is easily digestible.

Those are fine. Especially if the Jello was sugar free. 

Hope you feel better soon Erik

Lots of lamb today with a twist.
Lamb steak, lamb chop and lamb burger Cajun style.
I added 6 oz of crawfish tails to the burger and seasoned each patties with a clean Cajun seasoning.
I will definitely be doing that again. Delicious.
78f8fcdebb2ac7289b661bd3fd377736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I had these greek seasoned chicken meatballs with tsatsiki sauce tonight, along with some ground beef. My wife bought some cucumbers at Sam's Club and I had some of them too. They are pretty benign (trace carb crunchy water basically) because there is no way she will finish them herself before they start to rot.

I must admit I have been slackin' a little more than usual in the last 4-5 days. Probably because I was so strict for the last 30 days and am now happy with my blood results.

11 hours ago, louis said:

I ate some fish cooked in butter, two fried eggs and some chicken. 

I tried to make some chicken patties. They tasted great. They looked interesting!!!!!!

Looks good. I need to incorporate more fatty fish into my diet. 

On 3/13/2024 at 9:23 PM, Bob said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that as you progress towards carnivore that these episodes will decrease in frequency. I've heard many stories of people whose gut issues completely resolved with a proper ketovore/carnivore diet due to low/no fiber in their diet.

Those are fine. Especially if the Jello was sugar free. 

Hope you feel better soon Erik

Thanks. After three days of anti-bios, I could finally walk mostly normal yesterday, very little pain left this morning.

My last "meal," if you want to call it that, was a small bowl of chili Monday for lunch. Since then I've just had a half an egg at a time with the anti-bio, and throughout the day a few pork rinds, or a slice of liverwurst, and maybe some yogurt. And from past experience, I know I won't want a full meal for a few days yet.

I'm planning to go to my fav small-town diner for lunch today finally -- probably just have some scrambled eggs. At least I can catch up on local gossip.

Today I ate a lot again. 

I learnt even more about myself too. 

I got really excited about having eggs, chicken livers and ghee to cook and cooked so much. Towards the end of cooking I realised that I was binging even though it was sugar free. That is a habit, addiction, part of my temperament which I will drop.  

So today I witnessed my binging yet carried on. 

I ate two fried eggs, lots of chicken livers and another egg concoction. 

I gave myself indigestion at the beginning. I was stuffing it in my mouth so fast. 

It was very tasty when I finally settled down, ate it slowly and gave myself a chance to taste it! 

I ate the majority of it!

I have not had chicken livers or much meat for a long time. They were yummy. 

Namaste

On 3/13/2024 at 3:11 AM, louis said:

I ate fish cooked in butter today and scrambled eggs. Really tasty. 

Anyone have any thoughts about fish? 

Fish is good. I especially like swordfish. Smoked fish is also wonderful.

My guts are not all the way back, but are getting there -- still have about 5 more days of taking anti-bios.

I had over-easy eggs and sausage for lunch at a diner with friends, and two strips of thick bacon and sauerkraut for supper. I don't dare pig out on anything yet.

I’ll probably eat something later because this wasn’t much but so far it’s been eggs and lamb steak.
I’m kind of disappointed in my steak. It tasted good but was very tough.
34d071b82a1d50d1151e0ceeeb814176.jpg

I ate four fried eggs and chicken livers today which I cooked in a lot more ghee than I usually use. 

Then I had some cream. I am saying nothing more about that!!!!!

I am feeling tired since eating.

It is my fourteenth day today. I want to stay in the present yet I am looking forward to being on this journey still in a month's time and seeing how I am feeling and thinking then. 

Anyway, I am so glad that I am still doing this. 

I am very grateful to this group and every single one of you. 

Namaste

Over the weekend I helped some friends move. They had made a crock pot full of meatballs in marinara sauce, thinking "it's meat" and therefore I would eat. And so I did, because they were being hospitable and it was the proper thing to do.

So most meatballs usually have a little breading in them if they come from the store. I was 3 lb heavier the next day, lol. 

I took it off in a day and was back down to my normal weight, but I'm always surprised how impactful just a tiny bit of carbs can be.

Over the weekend I helped some friends move. They had made a crock pot full of meatballs in marinara sauce, thinking "it's meat" and therefore I would eat. And so I did, because they were being hospitable and it was the proper thing to do.
So most meatballs usually have a little breading in them if they come from the store. I was 3 lb heavier the next day, lol. 
I took it off in a day and was back down to my normal weight, but I'm always surprised how impactful just a tiny bit of carbs can be.

It’s hard when your friends are being so hospitable.
The hidden carbs are so sneaky and I see so many carnivores that think they’re eat just meat but never look at the ingredients list. And your right, many people don’t understand it’s not just the meat, it’s what is the meat and what it’s cooked in that matters.
For me it’s not so much the weight gain but how it makes me feel. It definitely makes a difference and I don’t like it knocking me out of ketosis.

I just ate five buffalo burgers cooked in butter. Whether it was grass fed butter, I am unsure. I ate out and the guy serving and cooking only speaks a little English.

I guess I am starting again tomorrow and it will be day 1 for me. No more dairy products apart from ghee for me in the future. 

Ketosis here I come. 

No pictures but I ate three Egglife wrap tacos stuffed with scrambled eggs and beef cracklings around noon.
Worked hard today finishing up rebuilding one of my trailers today. New floor installed and all welding finished.
That job tuckered me out and made me hungry so I had a big bowl of venison meat stew.