• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

49 minutes ago, louis said:

Thank you Bob. Much appreciated. 

Doh! I was thinking that I need to cook it for longer!

I am actually boiling some now. I bet I over cook this batch too. 

Usually I like it medium rare or rare! 

I am learning! 

I think I'll stick to cooking eggs and chicken livers. I have tried boiling the meat and searing it for a short while. Both were inedible.

I will be in another country in a couple of months. I have found what looks like a great butcher close to where I will be living. They sell beef. Whoopee! 

Edited by louis

Thank you Bob. Much appreciated. 
Doh! I was thinking that I need to cook it for longer!
I am actually boiling some now. I bet I over cook this batch too. 
Usually I like it medium rare or rare! 
I am learning! 

Please, please, please don’t boil your bison or any red meat for that matter.
You never want to overcook red meat. All red meat is safe to red rare or even blue.
Yes you need to specific on what cuts you want. Just like with beef there are cuts that are naturally tender and some that are tough. Do an online search to Lear’s the different cuts and how best to cook them. Bison is basically the same as beef in the cuts. It’s major difference is the taste. It better in my opinion.
If you get a tough cut of meat and this applies to all meats, you need to slow cook it in the oven or a crockpot or instant pot. First, salt and then sere the outside of the meat in a hot skillet to get a nice crust on both sides. Then place the meat in a whatever your cooking in and pour some bone broth or water over it so that it come half way up the meat and then slow cook it in a crockpot for five hours on high or 8 hours on low. Instant pot you can pressure cook it for 20 - 30 minutes.
With the oven you can put it in a pan and put it in the oven at 350° for an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Geezy said:

Please, please, please don’t boil your bison or any red meat for that matter.
You never want to overcook red meat. All red meat is safe to red rare or even blue.
Yes you need to specific on what cuts you want. Just like with beef there are cuts that are naturally tender and some that are tough. Do an online search to Lear’s the different cuts and how best to cook them. Bison is basically the same as beef in the cuts. It’s major difference is the taste. It better in my opinion.
If you get a tough cut of meat and this applies to all meats, you need to slow cook it in the oven or a crockpot or instant pot. First, salt and then sere the outside of the meat in a hot skillet to get a nice crust on both sides. Then place the meat in a whatever your cooking in and pour some bone broth or water over it so that it come half way up the meat and then slow cook it in a crockpot for five hours on high or 8 hours on low. Instant pot you can pressure cook it for 20 - 30 minutes.
With the oven you can put it in a pan and put it in the oven at 350° for an hour.

Thanks so much for the information Geezy. I appreciate it.

Yeah, don't boil it @louis. I think I tried boiling chicken once and didn't even care for that too much. Go to you tube and search up "Grill Steak" or "Pan Sear Stake". Here's some links to those very search results...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=grill+steak

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pan+seared+steak

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yeah, don't boil it @louis. I think I tried boiling chicken once and didn't even care for that too much. Go to you tube and search up "Grill Steak" or "Pan Sear Stake". Here's some links to those very search results...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=grill+steak

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pan+seared+steak

Thanks so much Bob. 

I have a hob only so I can pan and sear! 

7 fried eggs in Half Ghee and normal Butter  1 pound Of Lamb chops seared and finished in the oven at 415.  2 cans of Salmon in water added sour cream and heavy cream with a tiny bit of ranch seasoning packet. and a 4 ounce bag of Louisiana hot sauce flavored pork rinds.

pretty content for not eating for 24 hours. I've been down to eating once every 15 to 24 hours 

On 4/9/2024 at 8:25 AM, louis said:

I think I'll stick to cooking eggs and chicken livers. I have tried boiling the meat and searing it for a short while. Both were inedible.

I will be in another country in a couple of months. I have found what looks like a great butcher close to where I will be living. They sell beef. Whoopee! 

I usually start off low on the cook top and slowly increase till its crispy on the outside add more butter and sprinkle on top. Pour all the butter and oil into a cup. use that for dipping add a little garlic to it its  like au gus. whatever color it is after that process I just eat it. Depending on thickness might have to go slower and lower. 

Before starting carnivour a month ago I didn't cook a steak or really any meat on a grill for 14 years. So it's a bit of learning especially on a electric oven. I could bang steaks out all day on propane or charcoal. Fun learning.

My body seems to be content running on 4 to 6 hours of sleep which If that's all I need guess that's it.

l

While making a batch of liverwurst today I snaked on tuna salad and pork rinds.
The tuna is not canned tuna. I can’t stand that stuff, it’s cat food imo.
I use yellowfin ahi tuna. If I haven’t been tuna fishing in awhile I’ll buy some at the fish counter. Season the filet with salt and white pepper then sear it in butter. After it cools I’ll add hard boiled eggs, thanks my girls in the hen house. Then some homemade mayonnaise.
Pork rinds are fried in lard of course.
9326ff0982e147f4ff1a8af1f5ed1124.jpg

21 hours ago, Geezy said:

Haha. That must be why my cat magically appears when I open a can of it, lol. 

I think the only tuna I've ever had came in a can.

----

For breakfast -> I went to Wendy's and ordered 2 sides of egg, 2 sides of sausage, and one side of 3-piece bacon, and had them put it all in the same container. It's only $5.20 which I think is a darn good price. 

For dinner I had my Wagyu beef. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Haha. That must be why my cat magically appears when I open a can of it, lol. 

I think the only tuna I've ever had came in a can.

----

For breakfast -> I went to Wendy's and ordered 2 sides of egg, 2 sides of sausage, and one side of 3-piece bacon, and had them put it all in the same container. It's only $5.20 which I think is a darn good price. 

For dinner I had my Wagyu beef. 

are you importing your wagyu or america  waygu?

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

While making a batch of liverwurst today I snaked on tuna salad and pork rinds.
I use yellowfin ahi tuna. If I haven’t been tuna fishing in awhile I’ll buy some at the fish counter. Season the filet with salt and white pepper then sear it in butter. After it cools I’ll add hard boiled eggs, thanks my girls in the hen house. Then some homemade mayonnaise.
Pork rinds are fried in lard of course.
9326ff0982e147f4ff1a8af1f5ed1124.jpg

yo did you ever share the liver wurst recipe lol it will prob drive my wife up the wall lol