• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 4/25/2024 at 10:21 PM, Bob said:

Today has been pretty simple. Grass fed ground beef for breakfast with some eggs. And then grass fed ground been made into burgers with pepper jack cheese and jalapeno slices for dinner. 

I have a lot of beef to eat or I am gonna have to freeze it, lol.

The jalapenos actually gave me some stomach cramps, but it's been a long time since I have had any.

I don't tolerate them well anymore either and I love them, especially in my scrambled eggs but they don't like me.

Hello everyone and how are you all doing? I fell off for a minute, my stomach wasn't tolerating something, what I don't know but I got back on it today but I am starting out with the ketovore. My taste buds are really off, don't really have an appetite and some days I don't eat. But I am ready.

AGAPE 

4 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Hello everyone and how are you all doing? I fell off for a minute, my stomach wasn't tolerating something, what I don't know but I got back on it today but I am starting out with the ketovore. My taste buds are really off, don't really have an appetite and some days I don't eat. But I am ready.

AGAPE 

That's what I felt like. And I was not looking forward to doing it on my own and just floundering around. So I found this lovely community. 

Nice to meet you. 

AGAPE 

I have found for me, that if I have no appetite it’s because my body doesn’t need fuel. Of course that’s just me. I don’t eat if I’m not hungry. I never eat by the clock anymore. I often will go all day without even thinking about eating.
Now that isn’t to say that’s what you are going through but just something to think about.
Since a became a carnivore my hunger signals totally changed as well as my tastes for certain things. For instance coffee, I completely lost my taste for it and I’ve been a heavy coffee drinker ever since I joined the Army back in 75. Now I just drink one cup of tea in the morning. (I still want a little stimulus in the morning)
I no longer have a taste for anything sweet. In fact just the thought of something sweet is repulsive to me.
I hope what you’re experiencing is something akin to what I’m experiencing and not something medical in nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

I have found for me, that if I have no appetite it’s because my body doesn’t need fuel. Of course that’s just me. I don’t eat if I’m not hungry. I never eat by the clock anymore. I often will go all day without even thinking about eating.

Maybe I'll get there one day, but for me, the three meals a day is a kind of structure my days otherwise lack - they are like stepping stones through the day, something to look forward to. 

I find I need to create structure in my days, it's better for me as well as for my kids (I home educate them) so meals do make a nice scaffold for structure. That said - when we go out for the day it's nice not to need to pack my lunch or worry about where to buy it!

15 hours ago, BevG said:

That's what I felt like. And I was not looking forward to doing it on my own and just floundering around. So I found this lovely community. 

Nice to meet you. 

Thank you BevG, so tell me what did you do to overcome it?  This is a wonderful group and I really appreciate each and every one of them. I am trying a 7-day Keto plan in order to get back on track. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some tips, recipes or something. I know that when I first started and overcame the restroom situation, I was feeling great, I don't know what happened, I fell but I will not stay down.

AGAPE

Yesterday I had a McGriddle chaffle, eggs, bacon with cheese. Lunch, well that ended up being dinner, I couldn't eat  anything else besides water.

Today, 2 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, coffee with the MCT oil, I found these packets at Whole Foods. Lunch, which will also be dinner that I am about to prepare will be tender strips cooked in almond flour in the oven and broccoli 

Yesterday I had a McGriddle chaffle, eggs, bacon with cheese. Lunch, well that ended up being dinner, I couldn't eat  anything else besides water.
Today, 2 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, coffee with the MCT oil, I found these packets at Whole Foods. Lunch, which will also be dinner that I am about to prepare will be tender strips cooked in almond flour in the oven and broccoli 

Transitioning back in slowly with the almond flour and broccoli or are you just doing keto for now?

Lamb neck roast and shoulder roast slow cooked in beef bone broth and butter in the crockpot all day.
9b31ff949a60bd810be7a9e0672ef6bc.jpg

16 hours ago, Geezy said:

Lamb neck roast and shoulder roast slow cooked in beef bone broth and butter in the crockpot all day.

Wow. Looks so tasty. 

Edited by Bob
Fixed quotation code

On 4/29/2024 at 11:36 PM, Angela Little said:

Hello everyone and how are you all doing? I fell off for a minute... but I got back on it today but I am starting out with the ketovore.

Welcome back. If you trip, just get back up. You can do this! 🙂

20 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Back when I was keto, there was sooo many things you could make with almond flour. If I recall I posted a fathead's pizza crust recipe in here last summer that had almond flour in the recipe.

47 minutes ago, Carol B Calloway said:

Hello, my name is Carol,

I ate three pieces of chicken and an avocado.

Welcome aboard Carol! 

:welcome:

Good choices! Sounds delicious 🙂

For me today -

B: 3 egg yolks, 1 egg, 1 cup kefir

L: pan fried ground beef with bacon bits and liver pate 

D- Minute Steak, 1 burger patty 

I have realised that I hate ground beef hot, but it's fine cold. So today it was my eat-in-the-car lunch before a job, and I enjoyed it. 

Minute steak, now THAT was a dinner I enjoyed. But it didn't quite fill me up so I had a burger patty as well.

8 minutes ago, SusanneUK said:

For me today -

B: 3 egg yolks, 1 egg, 1 cup kefir

L: pan fried ground beef with bacon bits and liver pate 

D- Minute Steak, 1 burger patty 

I have realised that I hate ground beef hot, but it's fine cold. So today it was my eat-in-the-car lunch before a job, and I enjoyed it. 

Minute steak, now THAT was a dinner I enjoyed. But it didn't quite fill me up so I had a burger patty as well.

Good meal, what’s a minute steak.