• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

Brisket of course must be cooked low and slow regardless of what method you use. A very traditional way to cook brisket is to slow cook it in the oven with a liquid and covered but that’s too yankee for this southern boy. I put mine on my offset smoker and slow smoke at 250° for approximately 1.5 hours per pound until it reaches an internal temp of 165°. I then wrap it tightly in butcher paper and continue the cook until the temp hit 203°. It’s then pulled and wrapped in a towel and placed in a cooler to rest for about an hour. The cooler doesn’t have ice in it. It’s just to keep the meat warm.
I know that a smoker wasn’t on your list but that’s just how I do mine and if you don’t have a smoker you should get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A smoker is on my wishlist! I do have a cast iron pot with a lid, would that be better than the slow cooker or same. I am just wondering if it is worth the extra effort, as the slow cooker is more of a set it and forget it. 

Today, we're in London (for the weekend) staying in an Airbnb, so I'm not in my regular kitchen... So: 

B: deli chicken slices with butter and cheese

L: 4 patties from Burger King

D- don't think I'll need any, but if I do, I've got biltong

Edited by SusanneUK

Hello Breezy, I don’t know how to cook that but will you tell me how you cooked the chuck 

Chuck is good to cook in the crockpot with some bone broth and butter. Season with salt the day before then sear in a skillet to brown it first.
If not in a crockpot then a Pyrex dish in the oven at 335° for approximately 3 hours or until fork tender.

Geezy I just called you Breezy in another post I am so sorry please forgive me. Now can I move in so I can get some good food  

No problem Angela.
Thank you for the compliment but you are capable of making good food too .

A smoker is on my wishlist! I do have a cast iron pot with a lid, would that be better than the slow cooker or same. I am just wondering if it is worth the extra effort, as the slow cooker is more of a set it and forget it. 

If your slow cooker is easier and does a good job then just use that. Cast iron is great but not essential.
Being a Texan we just love our smoked brisket.

Last night I had some beef bologna in an Egg Life Wrap with pepperjack cheese and some avocado mayo. It was late, so I didn't want a big meal. 

Today so far has been a repeat of yesterday. Eggs and sausage in the morning and then quarter pound beef patties for lunch. Dinner is still a few hours away yet.

5 hours ago, Miranda said:

Breakfast: Shrimp omelet with bacon

Lunch: Can of kippers

Dinner: grilled xl beef patty, medium rare

grilled chicken thighs

sausage patties. 

more bacon

butter tea

Day two of no dairy and decaf! I am challenged a bit and am leaning into the plain water today. 

What is butter tea and it’s purpose 

6 hours ago, Angela Little said:

What is butter tea and it’s purpose 

I wasn't sure what to call frothed hot water with a tablespoon of butter.  It's bridge for me, because I don't have sober behavior around liquid dairy and I am cutting it out until June to see if that helps with digestive complaints as well.