• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I looked up Wally world online and saw they had one in stock at the store I'm closest to. And found one of them double irons. Put both on my wish lists. My local Wally world is 20ish miles away. I've been there three times this year. I don't venture out as far as I used to. But may make a trip soon as I heal up a bit. I watched vids last night on paffles and chaffles and such. ... I'll be getting one of them soon. 

7 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

I looked up Wally world online and saw they had one in stock at the store I'm closest to. And found one of them double irons. Put both on my wish lists. My local Wally world is 20ish miles away. I've been there three times this year. I don't venture out as far as I used to. But may make a trip soon as I heal up a bit. I watched vids last night on paffles and chaffles and such. ... I'll be getting one of them soon. 

Hilly, order it online and have it delivered.

I did something a little different today. Definitely off the beaten path so to speak. I was smoking a couple of lamb shoulder roasts but that was going to take a while so I started scrounging through the fridge.
First up, I had some leftover chicken and some leftover bone broth from some lamb I cooked up a few days back so I combined the chicken with the bone broth.
It was good. I’d do it again.
fac6caddbc351b2393ee8ee16fd37dcc.jpg
Well I wasn’t quite full yet so I still had some broth left so I heated up another bowl and added some pork rinds to it. I really liked that. They would soak up the broth and get really soft and chewy. Some would still have a little crunch left in them as well. I’d definitely try that again.
ac36fb1be51f6ca5fdbe72f55ecfaef3.jpg
I did eat any of the lamb roasts when they were done but my wife dove in before I could get a pic of them. So there’s some missing.
229172265a07273c9f27a3bfb8471f37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I successfully intermittently fasted for the first time since November (I think). I ate at noon while at work, leftover burger patty with mozzarella, a sausage link, a couple hard boiled eggs, and some sugar free beef jerky. And then I didn't eat again until my 20oz NY Strip at dinner time about 8pm.

2 hours ago, louis said:

🤩day 43🤩

Buffalo yesterday

Goats cheese and buffalo today. 

Really it is best for me to not eat dairy. Today I went to a goat farm and bought and ate some goats cheese. I probably bought too much! Another habit I am choosing to let go. 

Namaste 

Clearly I was telling myself lies. The addict in me was telling myself that I can have dairy. Actually I cannot. I have eaten too much cheese today. I am going to give what I have left to my friend and get back to meat and eggs only. Here's to my return to ketosis!

Namaste 

2 hours ago, louis said:

Clearly I was telling myself lies. The addict in me was telling myself that I can have dairy. Actually I cannot. I have eaten too much cheese today. I am going to give what I have left to my friend and get back to meat and eggs only. Here's to my return to ketosis!

Namaste 

My itching stopped a while ago too and it is back again after eating dairy today. No more dairy for me. Learning is wonderful! 

My itching stopped a while ago too and it is back again after eating dairy today. No more dairy for me. Learning is wonderful! 

That’s exactly how this elimination diet works. Eliminate everything but fatty meat, salt and water for a period of time. Preferably 90 days and then add one thing back in if you choose to and see if it affects your body. Now you know that your body is intolerant to dairy so you are making the right choice.
I too have chosen to abstain from dairy but not because it bothers me. I tolerate it well but because I’m just addicted to it and it’s been getting out of control lately so I’m just getting back on track.

3 hours ago, louis said:

Hmmm. My back started itching like crazy after eating the yogurt. That's it!  I guess I should just throw it out rather than treating my body like a garbage can!

Edited by Miranda
Spelling

I had sausage patties earlier, and then later after I got home I had some sugar free beef jerky that I had ordered from Amazon.

Tonight is Open Mic Night, so I will have my usually beef patties, bacon, and cheese, with a single shot of Angel's & Envy Kentucky bourbon.

The last of our eggs from a friend's backyard chickens, scrambled again, with jones pork sausage patties. So good! I keep telling my husband, our back yard raised beds that are already enclosed need to be converted to a chicken yard. We have a lot of predators that pass through our lot so, he thinks it will just end in tragedy. 

around lunch time I had a heap of jello blocks made from ginger tea and unflavored Re-lyte. and half a hamburger patty, and half a hard boiled egg. 

Dinnertime was the other half of the burger patty and some grilled top round steak. and a couple more ginger jello blocks.

We went out to eat today so I had a 16 oz ribeye then lasted on a ate just a little smoked lamb roast.

13 hours ago, Geezy said:

That’s exactly how this elimination diet works. Eliminate everything but fatty meat, salt and water for a period of time. Preferably 90 days and then add one thing back in if you choose to and see if it affects your body. Now you know that your body is intolerant to dairy so you are making the right choice.
I too have chosen to abstain from dairy but not because it bothers me. I tolerate it well but because I’m just addicted to it and it’s been getting out of control lately so I’m just getting back on track.

Superb Geezy. I am so addicted to dairy. It is silly really. I am pleased to say that yesterday was the finale for me. 

I'm still here, just was a bit busy after London. Back to normal. 

B- 4 egg yolks, 1 egg, 1 cup kefir

L- 2 small minute steaks with butter

D- some chicken with butter and parmesan

I'm staying away from diet sodas, I know you guys are right about that...

Yesterday I had about a small half pound ribeye and three eggs for lunch at work. wasn't hungry for supper. 

Tonight I had a 12 oz strip and four eggs. 

Work seems to think I need to eat lunch or I will surely starve to death. 🙂  Tomorrow I plan on taking my lunch by going to the second hand store and shopping for some 36 inch waist pants. I think I'm about ready to downsize again.  And maybe find a long lost chaffle maker...