• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Geezy, what does bison 🦬 ribeye steak taste like  

It is like a earthier and richer beef. To me it’s much better than beef. Every time I eat some I think how the Indians had it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Good meal, what’s a minute steak.

That's a good question, I actually have no idea what part of the animal it's from - it's just called minute steak, probably because it's fairly thin cut so only takes a couple of minutes to cook... It's way cheaper than ribeye, that's why I bought it, as I'd normally struggle to justify the prices of other steaks 

That's a good question, I actually have no idea what part of the animal it's from - it's just called minute steak, probably because it's fairly thin cut so only takes a couple of minutes to cook... It's way cheaper than ribeye, that's why I bought it, as I'd normally struggle to justify the prices of other steaks 

And you would be correct. A minute steak is a thin cut of beef, typically from the sirloin or round section of the cow. You might also find it labeled as “cube steak” due to the indents left by a tenderizer, which is often used to break down the fibers of the meat.

Because it’s so thin, usually about a quarter-inch thick, a minute steak lives up to its name by cooking in a flash. It’s designed to zip from pan to plate in a matter of minutes, hence the moniker.

Today, I made brown butter for the first time. Froze it, then tried some. It's sweet, but also overly salty - I'll probably do it again, but with unsalted butter. 

B: 3 egg yolk, 1 egg, 1cup kefir

L: some brown butter, ground beef cooked with bacon & liver pate, butter

😧 will probably skip, but perhaps some chicken

Today, I made brown butter for the first time.

I have yet to make any brown butter bites. I need to pick up some moulds for that. I do make a steak sauce using brown butter that is delicious though.
I’ve watched several videos on it and everyone put them in the freezer. Is that just to get the butter back to a solid state quicker or would just putting them in the refrigerator be just fine only slower?
And after the solidify in the freezer do you then move them to the fridge?

On 5/1/2024 at 12:42 AM, Angela Little said:

Thank you BevG, so tell me what did you do to overcome it?  This is a wonderful group and I really appreciate each and every one of them. I am trying a 7-day Keto plan in order to get back on track. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some tips, recipes or something. I know that when I first started and overcame the restroom situation, I was feeling great, I don't know what happened, I fell but I will not stay down.

AGAPE

Well, at last, my partner has decided to join me and that has helped tremendously. I have been about 80% carnivore for ages but 'treated' myself to a weekly bottle of red wine and bar of chocolate. We've been 'clean' for 10 days now.

At the moment, recipes have gone out the window. I just cook things like chicken thighs with the skin on, hard-boiled, eggs, and a sort of ground beef pie with eggs and seasonings with cheese on top. We just take a portion and eat it cold or microwave it. I also do other things like pork steaks, beef steaks, and salmon. 

We've always sat down around the table for family meals but that's kind of gone at the moment with my daughter cooking her carby meals for herself and my partner and I eating when we are hungry. 

I bought sardines today. Couldn't find them in brine so had to settle for olive oil. 

I'm definitely feeling better day-by-day.

31 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I have yet to make any brown butter bites. I need to pick up some moulds for that. I do make a steak sauce using brown butter that is delicious though.
I’ve watched several videos on it and everyone put them in the freezer. Is that just to get the butter back to a solid state quicker or would just putting them in the refrigerator be just fine only slower?
And after the solidify in the freezer do you then move them to the fridge?

I made some once and didn't like them. Probably because I used salted butter. I may try again with unsalted.

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

I have yet to make any brown butter bites. I need to pick up some moulds for that. 

I thought about getting moulds initially but it's actually simpler to just pour the browned butter into a greaseproof paper lined baking tray - then, keeping it in the freezer, you can just snap off a piece. Or you could snap the whole thing into pieces and put into a container, if freezer space is tight... 

The reason I'm keeping it in the freezer is so it's solid, I'm not sure what it would be like in the fridge - probably not possible to snap it, and it would melt in the fingers while holding it...

I've never made brown butter bites. It's another thing on my to-do list. I would like to bump my fat and lower my protein to ensure ketosis as I embark on my effort to lose my last 10 pounds - the most stubborn 10 pounds to try to lose, lol.

Breakfast was 4 sausage patties and 4 eggs, and for lunch I went through McDonald's and got 4 quarter pound beef patties. It came to $6, which is pretty good for a pound of beef.

Breakfast was leftover chuck with hamburger. I had to supplement the chuck because some carb eater filched meat out of my pot after stuffing their face with tacos🙄

Lunch and dinner were more ground beef.

No dairy or decaf.

Just beef butter salt and water.

I want to always cook my chuck roast in butter now. IDK how I ever lived without it. I am currently dry brining a brisket and have no clue what to do with it. I have a slow cooker, a grill, an oven, and a pressure cooker. I was thinking of using the same butter slow cooker method I did with the chuck. Any suggestions are welcome!

I am currently dry brining a brisket and have no clue what to do with it. I have a slow cooker, a grill, an oven, and a pressure cooker. I was thinking of using the same butter slow cooker method I did with the chuck. Any suggestions are welcome!

Brisket of course must be cooked low and slow regardless of what method you use. A very traditional way to cook brisket is to slow cook it in the oven with a liquid and covered but that’s too yankee for this southern boy. I put mine on my offset smoker and slow smoke at 250° for approximately 1.5 hours per pound until it reaches an internal temp of 165°. I then wrap it tightly in butcher paper and continue the cook until the temp hit 203°. It’s then pulled and wrapped in a towel and placed in a cooler to rest for about an hour. The cooler doesn’t have ice in it. It’s just to keep the meat warm.
I know that a smoker wasn’t on your list but that’s just how I do mine and if you don’t have a smoker you should get one.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Brisket of course must be cooked low and slow regardless of what method you use. A very traditional way to cook brisket is to slow cook it in the oven with a liquid and covered but that’s too yankee for this southern boy. I put mine on my offset smoker and slow smoke at 250° for approximately 1.5 hours per pound until it reaches an internal temp of 165°. I then wrap it tightly in butcher paper and continue the cook until the temp hit 203°. It’s then pulled and wrapped in a towel and placed in a cooler to rest for about an hour. The cooler doesn’t have ice in it. It’s just to keep the meat warm.
I know that a smoker wasn’t on your list but that’s just how I do mine and if you don’t have a smoker you should get one.

Hello Breezy, I don’t know how to cook that but will you tell me how you cooked the chuck