• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

So how did your brisket turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, not sure I will do that again. I feel the hot fat out of slow cooker always make me sick. And last night was the worst. Might do a separate post about it.

Meh, not sure I will do that again. I feel the hot fat out of slow cooker always make me sick. And last night was the worst. Might do a separate post about it.

So sorry to hear that. When I cook a brisket (and maybe I should have mentioned that before) I trim a lot of the external fat off of it and just leave about a quarter inch in the meat. It’s plenty to protect the meat and still baste it. I then make tallow out of the trimmings.

5a4a95df6efc09dc4df10be042815d79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkafe66d20d7b227c3a17e9ec3c00663a1.jpg
a897e08e8c5e30cd465ee9f15df6b6a6.jpg

For all my Texas friends and those throughout the southwest, Happy Cinco De Mayo.
b01c48255a2319527fb47dedaa519109.jpg
I no, I no, poor joke at best. Love my Hispanic brothers out there.

Chafflewiches yesterday. One tuna fish and the other buttery chicken.
The tuna was fresh tuna and not canned. The mayonnaise was homemade butter mayo. The chaffles were made with eggs and pork rind panco instead of cheese.
I ended up eating four of them along with some pickled quail eggs.
db5dfc8d4f05d507766cb4a57435efbe.jpg

Was a bit off today due to last night's poor sleep. Breakfast was scrambled eggs...so good and satisfying!

Lunch was jumbo shrimp sauteed in butter with soft boiled eggs.

Dinner triggered the randle cycle with grilled chicken with grey poupon & pear, bacon and a homemade dinner roll. I had a banana with peanut butter. I am hoping the banana will bind up my guts.

Edited by Miranda
Remove extra word

Breakfast was sausage. Lunch I had some beef bologna in an egg life wrap, and for dinner I just had 2 half pound burgers with some shredded cheese.

The shredded cheese is "carolina reaper and ghost pepper" cheese. My gut has been bothering me all week since I opened it and I am starting to think this is the reason. Thank goodness it's almost all used up. 

1 hour ago, Miranda said:

pear ...dinner roll... banana

Well since we're sitting at the confessional, I did have an apple to hold me over till dinner. I fixed my rear brakes today, and then took the dog to the dog park because she was restless. I was a little hungry but wanted to get the park out of the way first before cooking.

Oh you dirty dirty carnivores.

Soft boiled eggs on paffles today.
b8238f033cf636d059352f2b5f92ce9e.jpg

That wasn’t enough so I ate some tuna salad and some buttery chicken. Finally got satiated.

I’m abstaining from dairy for awhile as well. It’s been tough though. I’ve got a new batch of my homemade yogurt in the fridge and it’s calling to me. I’m stronger though.

12 hours ago, Geezy said:

So sorry to hear that. When I cook a brisket (and maybe I should have mentioned that before) I trim a lot of the external fat off of it and just leave about a quarter inch in the meat. It’s plenty to protect the meat and still baste it. I then make tallow out of the trimmings.

5a4a95df6efc09dc4df10be042815d79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkafe66d20d7b227c3a17e9ec3c00663a1.jpg
a897e08e8c5e30cd465ee9f15df6b6a6.jpg

Beautiful!

18 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Oh you dirty dirty carnivores. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Soft boiled eggs on paffles today.
b8238f033cf636d059352f2b5f92ce9e.jpg

That wasn’t enough so I ate some tuna salad and some buttery chicken. Finally got satiated.

I’m abstaining from dairy for awhile as well. It’s been tough though. I’ve got a new batch of my homemade yogurt in the fridge and it’s calling to me. I’m stronger though.

Yummy. I really want to put my hand into the screen and taste your delicious looking dish. 

I'm gonna havta find me one of them small waffle makers. 

I had a 11 and a half ounce can of corned beef and three eggs with some grated cheddar on top. It was simple And I didn't have to wade out in the rain to the freezer in the garage. 

Oh and the usual decaf with heavy cream. 

Travel day back home from London, I had

B- 2 hard boiled eggs, one burger patty, some cheddar cheese

L - 3 McDonald's patties, more cheddar cheese

No dinner, but did have a few bites of frozen browned butter. Wasn't hungry.

I'm gonna havta find me one of them small waffle makers. 
I had a 11 and a half ounce can of corned beef and three eggs with some grated cheddar on top. It was simple.

I don’t know where you are located “ol’ hilly” but I got my mini waffle maker at Wally World (Wall Mart) and they are also on Amazon.

Simple is exactly why I love being carnivore.

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I don’t know where you are located “ol’ hilly” but I got my mini waffle maker at Wally World (Wall Mart) and they are also on Amazon.

Simple is exactly why I love being carnivore.

Geez, you can find them everywhere now, even Kroger’s. They do have the doubles now as well and I am in the process of purchasing one of those.