• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I am very happy for my lunch today. It is a low-carb Beef Stroganoff!!! It is ground beef, cream cheese, heavy cream, mushrooms, and a few peas sprinkled in. While this is delicious, there is no point in taking a photo because it isn't exactly the prettiest thing, haha. Also, one serving is like 1400 cals. SIDE NOTE: Do you know how hard it is to find cream cheese without additives and gums!? Took at act of God just to find Heavy Cream without those stupid things.

I am still on the fence about if calories actually matter on this WOE. Sometimes it seems like they do and sometimes it seems like they don't. Sometimes I will eat a whole lot and not gain weight and other times, I eat a dozen wings and gain 3 lbs. WHAT IS HAPPENING there?! 

22 hours ago, Kellie said:

I am still on the fence about if calories actually matter on this WOE. Sometimes it seems like they do and sometimes it seems like they don't. Sometimes I will eat a whole lot and not gain weight and other times, I eat a dozen wings and gain 3 lbs. WHAT IS HAPPENING there?! 

Don’t worry about calories. If you are eating animal fats, animal protein, salt and water, then all you need to do is eat when you are full and not eat again until you are hungry. Your body will take care of the rest. By only eating those four things it’s nearly impossible to overeat. Meat satiates you so efficiently that your body will tell you when it’s had enough and when it needs more.

Calories” are a measure of heat energy created when you burn something in a calorimeter. Completely useless measure as we do not burn our food, we process it chemically… completely different processes and outcomes.

Your weight fluctuates constantly regardless of how you eat, when you eat and how much you eat. It does this throughout the day. In a weeks time my weight might fluctuate 3-5 pounds but it’s the average I look at. Besides that, weight is not a reliable measurement for metabolic health and loss. The tape measure is. The tale of the tape tells all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bob
Fixed quotation code

On 2/5/2024 at 9:50 PM, Geezy said:

At noon I had a big bowl of venison stew. Sorry no pics.
This evening after I got home from fishing I had a beautiful lamb steak.
98863d830293f5e392493eb985f75e6d.jpg

How do you cook it?  Because that looks perfect to me.  I like how it's blackened on the outside and pink in the middle.

Today is my beef stroganoff. This baby is HIGH in fat and calories, so I was thinking about maybe fasting for the rest of the day. 

Here is the breakdown, let me know if you think it is ok

Cals: 1,413
Carbs: 25 (mushrooms, a wee bit of onion, a whisper of pees)
Fat: 113g
Protein: 74
Fiber: 5g

This is a very large serving of food as well. Like, there is a reason this is 1400 calories, lol. It is also just shy of a pound of ground beef. I think we used 3lbs of beef, divided up into 4 servings. It also has an entire block of cream cheese, plus heavy cream and possibly a bit of sour cream. 

My real issue is going to be when Lent Season starts as I am giving up dairy for the Lent Season 😕

How do you cook it?  Because that looks perfect to me.  I like how it's blackened on the outside and pink in the middle.

I seer it in a very hot cast iron skillet in beef tallow. I use an instant read thermometer to check it and pull them when they hit about 128°.

Just four scrambled eggs earlier today then I seared a bunch of lamb chops in some beef tallow.
36f35cda32218eaef41efab0dbed06f0.jpg
Then into the crockpot for an all day cook in some chicken bone broth.
b211d4fe8d9623e2f668a988d3061d0a.jpg
Final product, fall off the bone tender and a savory fatty broth.
23c44b96b5f4f5f46a4bc33d995412fd.jpg

23 hours ago, Kellie said:

My real issue is going to be when Lent Season starts as I am giving up dairy for the Lent Season 😕

I suggest you give up vegetables for Lent :laugh:

I was inspired by a Lillie Kane video and tried something new last night. I cubed up some pepper jack cheese, and encased it in 2.5 oz balls of wagyu ground beef seasoned with hot spices, and air fried them, then melted some more cheese on top. So they were basically meatballs with a rich cheesy center. I will do this again soon and take pictures like I should have, lol. 

I suggest you give up vegetables for Lent :laugh:

I was inspired by a Lillie Kane video and tried something new last night. I cubed up some pepper jack cheese, and encased it in 2.5 oz balls of wagyu ground beef seasoned with hot spices, and air fried them, then melted some more cheese on top. So they were basically meatballs with a rich cheesy center. I will do this again soon and take pictures like I should have, lol. 

Gotta add that to my recipe rotation.

I had a few pieces of leftover 🥓 this morning. I have made a fathead dough 🍕, have not tasted it yet but I will let you know what it taste 👅 like. I have some 🍗 cooking in my air fryer, I basted them in bacon grease, they should be delightful!!!!!

Here is my 🍕 the cheese 🧀 didn’t want to melt and I let it cook a little longer so no it’s not 🥵 ha ha 

B21AE2F2-1093-4525-ACB8-FFC41D3A49CE.jpeg

On 2/6/2024 at 9:33 PM, Geezy said:

A couple of hamburger patties and eggs.
Not very exciting today I’m afraid.
46cd9ffa6aa9f1bdbc875e4e2328e946.jpg

But soon I’ll be sharing what I do with these. Got 39 of them in the freezer now.
0b3c839189479e521a5df85d60c58566.jpg

So when you do butter burgers you put the butter on after you cook them or both before and after. I have found a few recipes but they are complicated. 

42 minutes ago, Angela Little said:

I had a few pieces of leftover 🥓 this morning. I have made a fathead dough 🍕, have not tasted it yet but I will let you know what it taste 👅 like. I have some 🍗 cooking in my air fryer, I basted them in bacon grease, they should be delightful!!!!!

Here is my 🍕 the cheese 🧀 didn’t want to melt and I let it cook a little longer so no it’s not 🥵 ha ha 

B21AE2F2-1093-4525-ACB8-FFC41D3A49CE.jpeg

It’s 😌 

On 2/8/2024 at 5:57 PM, Geezy said:

Just four scrambled eggs earlier today then I seared a bunch of lamb chops in some beef tallow.
36f35cda32218eaef41efab0dbed06f0.jpg
Then into the crockpot for an all day cook in some chicken bone broth.
b211d4fe8d9623e2f668a988d3061d0a.jpg
Final product, fall off the bone tender and a savory fatty broth.
23c44b96b5f4f5f46a4bc33d995412fd.jpg

Will you give me the recipe, I love lamb just don’t know how to cook them.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:29 AM, Bob said:

Sounds absolutely delicious.

I've been on a beef only kick the last 2 days. For breakfast I have had a pound of ground beef and I made my own gyro seasoning and used some of that tzatziki sauce. For dinner I have had a NY Strip seasoned to my liking and ghee for dipping sauce. 

And I seem to have broke my stall. I have been oscillating between 175.5 and 177.5 for the last 2 months. Yesterday morning I was 174.7 and this morning I was 174.1 and I hope this trend continues, lol.

Seasoning recipe please 

So when you do butter burgers you put the butter on after you cook them or both before and after. I have found a few recipes but they are complicated. 

I put the butter on my burgers immediately after cooking.

Will you give me the recipe, I love lamb just don’t know how to cook them.

Treat lamb exactly like you do your beef. It’s a fatty red meat just like beef but tastes different.
So when I’m cooking my lamb I’ll season it a couple of hours ahead of time and let it dry brine.
If I’m cooking a steak or chop I’ll cook them to rare.
If I’m going to slow cook a roast or chops I’ll season and sere in a hot cast iron skillet to get a nice crust on it then just put it in the crockpot with some bone broth and cook on low until it’s fall off the bone tender. Takes about 5-8 hours. 3-4 four hours if done on high.

This was breakfast the other day. I was out of sausage and beef, believe it or not.

How many eggs can you pound down in one sitting? I probably could have done more but these were the last of the eggs too, lol.

20240208_090306.jpg20240208_090720.jpg

Fried up some fish today using pork rind panko breading. Folks, this is the way to go.
3c133e321948199737c413f7bcb4f6dc.jpg
I’ve been wanting to try using pork rind as a breading and finally got around to doing today. It’s great. Crispy texture and doesn’t taste like pork rinds.
Made an egg wash with one egg and a generous splash of cream then coated the fish and fried them in tallow. And here I thought fried fish was a thing of the past for me but now I can’t wait to go catch a mess of catfish for a fish fry.

I also smoked up 40 rainbows today. I’ll shred the meat and use use it to make a smoked trout dip using cream cheese.
42baf5954acc34f5eecfc27d80115ddb.jpg