• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I could write my 25 year-old story of how I got here, if anyone is interested, of how I was afraid to eat fat back then -- even though I had seen the results of a friend who went on the Atkins diet, and I'd read "The Cholesterol Myths," by Uffe Ravnskov, shortly after it was translated to English. He was obviously right, beyond "a shadow of a doubt," but it took a couple more similar books and at least a year to overcome the decades-long idea that fat, butter, etc. was bad for me and the substitutes were good for me.

I ran into a guy in town yesterday (I live in a rural area, there is a one-traffic light town five miles away) that I know quite well, but haven't seen him in several years. He is almost 79 and he told me he is diabetic and has to inject insulin (he had a heart attack 6-8 years ago). I told him get rid of the carbs if you want to really fight the disease. I explained to him what I meant by "carbs," and that he could eat all the meat he wants, along with very low-carb veggies.

"Have you seen the price of meat lately?" was his response. Then he went on about how well his wife is taking care of him, making sure he gets all his meds on time, etc. Okay, that is certainly great and I'm glad for him; that's a valuable resource that I don't have. But they're apparently following the "Standard of Care" for diabetics, so we know he is never going to get better or ever get off the drugs.

What I thought of later, that I didn't think of at the time, to his comment about the price of meat, was "What price would you pay for not going blind? Or not having your feet chopped off?"

He's very adept at the internet, so hopefully I put a bug in his ear and maybe he'll do some research. "You can lead a horse to water . . . "

Some are comfortable in their ignorance because it’s easier to let someone else do the thinking for them. I have an elderly neighbor that we take care of that is terribly unhealthy and is just miserable but she would rather eat for her pleasure than for her health. All of the pills and doctors she has is just ridiculous but she is free to self eliminate how she chooses to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Some are comfortable in their ignorance because it’s easier to let someone else do the thinking for them. I have an elderly neighbor that we take care of that is terribly unhealthy and is just miserable but she would rather eat for her pleasure than for her health. All of the pills and doctors she has is just ridiculous but she is free to self eliminate how she chooses to.

From what I see, people simply don't know because their doctors don't know.

From what I see, people simply don't know because their doctors don't know.

There is much truth in that. They would rather trust the doctors than their own eyes.

Recently, I had an epiphany regarding healthcare. I feel like the system is perpetrating Munchausen by proxy from the top down. Have you all seen Calley Means' interview with Tucker Carlson? We get crap advice like eat more fiber and avoid fat, so inevitably we will go grovelling for a fix for the bad place that they put us in. I know the truth is out there, plain as day, but so many people believe what the "news" is telling them. Also like others have mentioned people don't have a lot going on outside of the simple pleasures of eating. I am glad carnivore has helped me to expand my interests and do more than just plan my next oral dose of dopamine.

We are also conditioned to not take accountability for our diet choices. We've been thought it just is. That we get old and fat and sick, with pain. It's part of getting old. Isn't it? No, we become old because of our life choices, and our most important one is obviously, diet. I was at an event, and I met a lot of people I've know since I was young. I looked in the room, and 80% of them were overweight. They were my age, and they looked older, softer than me. And I am not putting myself above those people, don't get me wrong, but you see people your age looking 10 years older than you, people that have followed the program to a T, and the result you see right there. The American diet is meant to slowly strangle you, make no mistake about it. Meanwhile, the parasitic food, health, and medicine industries are all getting that slice of the pie, just another tax you pay, but the cost is with your health.

Can you imagine all the other conditioning we face each day, socioeconomic, cultural, geopolitics, our views and mindsets are under siege, each and every day. Things are not what they seem. That's what the -waking up- is all about. Look inward, be accountable, be aware, and be critical of yourself most importantly, because that is what slowly taken away from you. Take that power back.  

On 3/15/2024 at 8:50 AM, Erik said:

"Have you seen the price of meat lately?" was his response.

Have you seen the price of anything lately? Even bread and cereals are up. And comparatively speaking, ground beef and eggs still give you more bang for your buck. Not only are they cheaper per pound, but they are filling, so you will eat less instead of compulsively snacking all day long. Carnivore has not just been the best thing for my waistline, but it has also been the best thing for my wallet too.

16 hours ago, Orweller said:

We've been taught it just is. That we get old and fat and sick, with pain. It's part of getting old. 

I will say that I would have NEVER in a million years thought that food and healthcare were politicized. But I have learned a lot in the last year, how key individuals, for political and financial gain, have pushed "studies" about diet and nutrition that were completely false, even to the point of paying off and influencing government guidelines, all for the sake of lining their own pockets. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493739074/50-years-ago-sugar-industry-quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat

6 hours ago, Bob said:

Have you seen the price of anything lately? Even bread and cereals are up. And comparatively speaking, ground beef and eggs still give you more bang for your buck. Not only are they cheaper per pound, but they are filling, so you will eat less instead of compulsively snacking all day long. Carnivore has not just been the best thing for my waistline, but it has also been the best thing for my wallet too.

Same here. I save about $100 a month eating this way. I look for deals and put it in the freezer. I don't snack, I don't get that candy bar at the gas station, I don't eat 5 times a day anymore. I eat and I am full, satiated, and don't think of food between meals. I save on toilet paper too! 

5 hours ago, Bob said:

I will say that I would have NEVER in a million years thought that food and healthcare were politicized. But I have learned a lot in the last year, how key individuals, for political and financial gain, have pushed "studies" about diet and nutrition that were completely false, even to the point of paying off and influencing government guidelines, all for the sake of lining their own pockets. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493739074/50-years-ago-sugar-industry-quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat

And once you know, you know. I think the food industry taught all the other big industries to get away with such deception. They saw the complacency, they saw the money coming in, and thus, we have these huge entities deceiving us without a care for our health. We condition our children, turn them into addict from a young age, we "celebrate" moments with, and always with, this toxic waste.

Your kid wins a baseball game? Lets get out and have some titanium dioxide (pizza). Watching a movie? Let's have some poly-fluroroalkyl and PFC's (popcorn). Remember that pizza is now categorized as a vegetable, and popcorn is often labeled as a healthy snack. No, there is no such thing as a healthy snack. Snacking is eating out of boredom, out of habit, out of a lack of having proper nutritious meals.