• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Two weeks in and wondering if anyone has ever heard of these symptoms

So, I am two weeks in. 

Apart from eating nearly four litres of cream over the past two days (argh), I have eaten some coconut oil on the first two days and ghee, meat and eggs for the rest of the time. 

My stomach is bloated and hard like a rock and I am quite itchy at times. 

Has anyone ever heard of experiences which are similar to this? 

Just watched a video which says bloating could be to do with having too much salt or because I have a food intolerance. They are suggesting to only have beef, bacon and butter. I think I need to stop eating and relax.

Four liters of cream over a two week period seem excessive to me. Are you drinking it like milk? That may be your issue. For me I’ll have a little cream every couple of days but it’s in the form of my homemade yogurt. Even then it’s only a couple of tablespoons each time.
For me dairy products are a trigger that can cause me to over indulge so I limit it.
Stick with fat, protein m, water and salt for a month and see if that helps.
Remember, this is an elimination diet. We start from the foundation of fat, meat, water, salt. Then over time you may add one thing in and see how you react to it. No reaction then fine, you can reintroduce it but a reaction means it’s gone from your life. Even if you don’t have a reaction there can still be too much of a good thing. Trust me, I could devour a quart of my yogurt every day if I was inclined to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My stomach is bloated and hard like a rock and I am quite itchy at times.... I know that my body is sensitive to dairy products.

The symptoms may be related to the dairy intake. When you say "4 litres of cream" - do you mean milk or heavy cream or something else? It could be that you have lactose intolerance or a dairy allergy.

If it's lactose intolerance, you can't have milk or dairy that contains natural milk sugars/carbs. If it's a sensitivity to the milk proteins, then you might have to avoid all dairy, including cheese, with the exception of ghee and possibly butter.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

The symptoms may be related to the dairy intake. When you say "4 litres of cream" - do you mean milk or heavy cream or something else? It could be that you have lactose intolerance or a dairy allergy.

If it's lactose intolerance, you can't have milk or dairy that contains natural milk sugars/carbs. If it's a sensitivity to the milk proteins, then you might have to avoid all dairy, including cheese, with the exception of ghee and possibly butter.

Thanks Bob. 

It is the cream. 

I have not wanted to say it. I am going to. It is all addiction. It is comforting. 

I absolutely know that I cannot have dairy and then I tell myself it is ok and it is not. 

Thank you for the info. I hear you and am certain I am lactose intolerant now. It is now time for me to get off the cream and the only dairy that I eat is ghee.

I noticed how different my thoughts are over the past couple of days since eating cream as well as motivation and I whole lot more. Fear is back. 

I have to stop it now. 

Thank you again Bob. 

Namaste  

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Thank you again for suggesting I might be lactose intolerant. 

I am lying in bed right now with all sorts of symptoms which I have had for all of my life. I have been labelled and labelled. Put on many legal drugs and a whole lot more and today I am understanding why I have had the behaviours, temperament and personality that I have had. Yes some were learnt, yes there was conditioning, yes environment will have played a part in it as well as sugar having a massive impact too. I honestly think that dairy has also been a factor and it is now time for me to never eat dairy again. 

All of these so called 'experts' I have seen and been sent to.

I am in a country where the cow is precious in a different way. Does anyone have any thoughts on eating buffalo?

54 minutes ago, louis said:

Thank you again for suggesting I might be lactose intolerant. 

I am lying in bed right now with all sorts of symptoms which I have had for all of my life. I have been labelled and labelled. Put on many legal drugs and a whole lot more and today I am understanding why I have had the behaviours, temperament and personality that I have had. Yes some were learnt, yes there was conditioning, yes environment will have played a part in it as well as sugar having a massive impact too. I honestly think that dairy has also been a factor and it is now time for me to never eat dairy again. 

All of these so called 'experts' I have seen and been sent to.

I am in a country where the cow is precious in a different way. Does anyone have any thoughts on eating buffalo?

I have a lot to learn. I just found out that lactose is a natural sugar and carbohydrate. 

43 minutes ago, Orweller said:

Almost a gallon in 2 days? That is dedication right there. But yes, please don't do that anymore. It's obviously a craving you deal with so early into this diet. Good luck. 

I know Orweller. I am laughing yet it is really not funny!!

14 hours ago, louis said:

I honestly think that dairy has also been a factor and it is now time for me to never eat dairy again.

I've heard that 70-80% of humans cannot tolerate dairy. 

Carnivore is an elimination diet. Try eliminating the dairy, besides butter or ghee, and just eat meat and see how you fair. Stick to this for at least 30 days. Then if you want to attempt a cup of cream or a glass of milk, go ahead and see how you react. If you react badly or symptoms return, then you know you need to stay away from it. 

Some of us, like myself, can handle cheese. I even make a 'carnivore ice cream' with egg yolks and heavy cream once every 3-4 months also and I tolerate that as well. 

5 hours ago, Bob said:

This might be true. I really like home-made ice cream and some cheeses, but I found that dairy causes severe constipation for me. I think dairy has an addictive quality and in that way it’s similar to carbs. If you can tolerate it, great, but a lot of people can’t.

8 hours ago, Bob said:

Carnivore is an elimination diet. Try eliminating the dairy, besides butter or ghee, and just eat meat and see how you fair. Stick to this for at least 30 days. Then if you want to attempt a cup of cream or a glass of milk, go ahead and see how you react. If you react badly or symptoms return, then you know you need to stay away from it. 

Some of us, like myself, can handle cheese. I even make a 'carnivore ice cream' with egg yolks and heavy cream once every 3-4 months also and I tolerate that as well. 

The ice cream sounds yummy!

2 hours ago, LesW said:

This might be true. I really like home-made ice cream and some cheeses, but I found that dairy causes severe constipation for me. I think dairy has an addictive quality and in that way it’s similar to carbs. If you can tolerate it, great, but a lot of people can’t.

Dairy no more for me. 

It is time to go cold turkey again! 

I am grateful to be learning what I am about myself as well as nutrition. 

6 hours ago, louis said:

Dairy no more for me. 

It is time to go cold turkey again! 

I am grateful to be learning what I am about myself as well as nutrition. 

That is really what this is. Learning about yourself and food, your relationship with food, and your body's reaction to food. 

• 1 month later...