• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 12/17/2023 at 10:20 AM, Orweller said:

For liver, I eat liver-worst. Braunschweiger wurst.

Thanks for reminding me about this, I used to love liverwurst as a kid, I grew up in the UK and that sort of food was easily available, hopefully I can find some here in Australia. In the mean time I have big slab of liver in my freezer and still can't decide what to do with it.... swallow down little frozen cubes or transform it into something delicious.

On 12/15/2023 at 11:58 AM, Geezy said:

The part I can’t emphasize with is how your mind is so hung up on not eating meat that it’s repulsive. I just can’t relate to that because I’ve always preferred meat over anything else.

Yes, as I kid, I liked meat, growing up it was part of almost every meal, bacon for breakfast, ham sandwiches for lunch and always meat and vegetables for dinner. I didn't start out this way, feeling like meat was repulsive, it crept up on me slowly, accompanying me on my spiritual journey, which started when I was about 13. Initially it was ideological and I was trying to purify my karma....whatever that means 🤪 then there's all the 'meat bad' health information, which I'm quickly learning was mostly economic based, corporate propaganda, which started in the 70's I think, as the processed food industry was promoting it's products.

I guess I've been part of a vegetarian//vegan cult for a long time, without realizing it, and now need to deprogram myself. I'm immersing myself in the online carnivore community, filling my mind with 'meat good' and 'meat delicious' kinds of messages....and it's slowly working. Thankfully, the spiritual seeking ended after finding what I was looking for, so now it's time to take care of the body and hopefully live a long life, which was always part of the plan. 

8 hours ago, Jen said:

Lambs brains were a favorite when I was growing up, so it was the easiest part of the meal for me. My mother used to coat them in egg and bread crumbs, pan fry them in butter and serve with wedges of fresh lemon. I grew up eating them and didn't even know what they were. Soon after I was married, my husband and I were temporarily staying with my parents, my mother cooked brains one night and to me it was a normal thing, but my husband went nuts, refused to eat them and told me that if I ate any, he would never kiss me ever again....and he was serious.

It's got so much to do with culture and how you've been brought up. I've eaten raw meat, raw fish, liver, horse meat, tongue, etc. when I was a kid. Moving to the US, it was less common to see these foods. I stick with liver these days. 

It can absolutely freak some people out, I believe that. 

Yes, as I kid, I liked meat, growing up it was part of almost every meal, bacon for breakfast, ham sandwiches for lunch and always meat and vegetables for dinner. I didn't start out this way, feeling like meat was repulsive, it crept up on me slowly, accompanying me on my spiritual journey, which started when I was about 13. Initially it was ideological and I was trying to purify my karma....whatever that means  then there's all the 'meat bad' health information, which I'm quickly learning was mostly economic based, corporate propaganda, which started in the 70's I think, as the processed food industry was promoting it's products.
I guess I've been part of a vegetarian//vegan cult for a long time, without realizing it, and now need to deprogram myself. I'm immersing myself in the online carnivore community, filling my mind with 'meat good' and 'meat delicious' kinds of messages....and it's slowly working. Thankfully, the spiritual seeking ended after finding what I was looking for, so now it's time to take care of the body and hopefully live a long life, which was always part of the plan. 

That all makes sense. It is, like you say, a cult like influence on us all. We have all been indoctrinated by religion, big food and big pharma to believe a certain way in order to further an agenda and profits.
We all have a choice, the red pill or the blue pill. We have chosen the red pill of enlightenment.
Congratulations to you for being open minded and recognizing the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 10/3/2023 at 6:47 PM, Guest mary said:

How can you get essential nutrients like vitamin C without eating any plant matter? I've heard this puts you at risk for scurvy. Are people on carnivore diets getting scurvy?

There is enough vitamin C in meat.

You only need a very tiny amount IF you aren't shoving carbohydrates down your throat. 

Vitamin C and Glucose compete for uptake into the cells and so by eating carbs, which, by the way, all turn into glucose will significantly increase the requirement for vitamin C.

It's not an issue on carnivore.