• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

So I ended my weekly weekend 24 hour fast with.... Wendy's, lol. The wife and I hiked a trail, and then were going to meet up with some friends at the dog park. I was going to keep fasting but she was really hungry and asked me about stopping to pick something up. I didn't want to deal with the smell of food in the car and not eat, so I got 4 large beef patties, 4 slices of cheese, and 4 sides of bacon. 

This will be my only meal for today.

30 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Bob you had me concerned at “Wendy’s” lol.

You can still do carnivore when in a pinch, lol.

The beef patties are 100% USDA meats, and bacon is bacon. American cheese has "less than 2% of" unpronounceable ingredients, but it works overall. It's actually cheaper to get these as sides than it is to ask for a burger with no bun.

I much prefer to cook at home and am in no way endorsing the Wendy's Diet, lol 😄

The last 2 evenings were just variations of what I made Friday. Sunday was ground beef with eggs and some blue cheese crumbles cooked in tallow. Monday was the same thing but I added bacon and cooked everything in the bacon grease instead of the tallow. Today was beef, turkey sausage, egg, and ghost pepper cheese cooked in tallow.

I've basically had some variation of the same thing for several dinners in a row now because 1) It's so darn tasty, and 2) I can't let the huge package of ground beef go bad. 

It is getting repetitive though. I'll probably switch it up tomorrow.

Made burger patties tonight, topped with colby jack cheese. I fried them in tallow and then used the fat as dipping sauce. I also topped them with a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise for the extra fat.

I had no idea changing my macros would have this effect, but the wieght is melting off again. I officially reached my initial goal weight of 175 today!

The last 2 evenings were just variations of what I made Friday. Sunday was ground beef with eggs and some blue cheese crumbles cooked in tallow. Monday was the same thing but I added bacon and cooked everything in the bacon grease instead of the tallow. Today was beef, turkey sausage, egg, and ghost pepper cheese cooked in tallow.
I've basically had some variation of the same thing for several dinners in a row now because 1) It's so darn tasty, and 2) I can't let the huge package of ground beef go bad. 
It is getting repetitive though. I'll probably switch it up tomorrow.

That ghost pepper cheese sounds great. We had a guy at work who made a habanero goat cheese that was da bomb. I wish I hadn’t lost touch with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an omelet at work and a burger at home. Put a request for blue cheese in at work. They don't carry it, but the owner picks me up a five pound bag of crumbles at my request. Brought home some ribeyes and hot sausage.

Just got internet back again. if it'd went out one day earlier, it would a been three times it went out last month. Just a few more months and fiber will be here hopefully. I won't  know what to do with 100 Mb download instead of 2.2Mb. 🙄

I even dialed the old dialup number just to see if it was still active. Nope! At least it was steady when I had it. 

Way to go Bob! 

6 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

Just got internet back again.... Just a few more months and fiber will be here hopefully.

What kind of internet service do you currently have?

I have Spectrum Cable (formerly Time Warner) and it's usually up all the time. It'll go out a few times a year if there's a bad storm or accident that effects the line, etc.

6 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

Way to go Bob! 

It was short lived. Yesterday I woke up 178.6 and today 178.4. Seeing 174.6 on the scale the other day was such a teaser, lol. 😄

Yesterday I fasted until 2pm then had bacon and eggs, and then last night at 7:30 I had a New York Strip.

6 hours ago, Bob said:

What kind of internet service do you currently have?

Was Centurylink, now Brightspeed. I don't recommend either. But is all we got, unless you want Hughesnet.  Apparently Brightspeed bought out Centurylink. Ancient copper lines that were planted in the 80's. Came a long ways from party lines. 🙂 But still....

You've seen 174, you'll see it again.

So tonight had to be something quick because I had to get somewhere, so I cooked up 16oz of ground beef in tallow (for the extra fat) around 6pm.

This starts my weekend 24 hour fast, which will end at 6pm tomorrow unless I choose to extend it to the following morning like I did one time.

Fasted for 24 hours and broke it with this approximately 1500 calorie dish. Shrimp, cheese, and bacon and some ground beef and ghost pepper cheese.

I had to do leaves today. Took me from noon to 4pm, and I have a huge yard with a lot of leaves. I'm easily in an energy deficit today 😄

large.shrimpBeefSupper.jpg.c0a514d4db6c6

Them shrimp bacon wraps reminds me of earlier, I went by the store to pick up the blue cheese I had ordered. And the owner handed me a pork loin wrapped in bacon with a stick stuck in it. He called em pork pops. He was smoking a pan full . Was pretty good. I then went on to a private lake and caught some bass. The lake owner said he liked to bake the bass whole. I shared some blue cheese with him for the fish. And think I may try that in my little easy bake toaster oven.

I had ribeye and a side of sausage links last night for supper.

Hope y'all's havin a good weekend!

On 11/4/2023 at 10:43 PM, ol_hilly said:

Hope y'all's havin a good weekend!

Same to you. Mine was fine.

Monday I made bacon cheeseburgers, no bun.

Tonight was the first Tuesday of the month, which is my cousin's Open Mic Night. So we went out to support that and I had bascially the same thing, beef patties with pepper jack cheese and bacon.

It's also the only night of the month I have a shot of Kentucky bourbon.

Guess I forgot to post last night. My bad... Last night I had a one pound burger with blue cheese all over it.

Today at work it was a 3 egg omelet. One of the eggs had a double yolk. Woohoo! that excites me more than finding a four leaf clover.

Tonight I helped a neighbor work on a warshin machine. And his wife gave me a smoked chicken breast. She offered a baked tater and cream cheese corn. I said Naaa to that. And took the chicken home. Which I consumed.

I made my beef and egg scramble with ghost pepper cheese again (addictive). The wife even tried it tonight and realized she's been missing out 😄

I woke up 175.3 today. Just .3 away from goalpost #1 (and 10.3 lbs away from my new goal).