• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

most recent bloodwork/NMOSD-Devic's syndrome

That great that you have a receptive doctor Scott.
Your BP isn’t terribly low as long as you aren’t feeling any issues such as light headedness. If you are concerned you may want to up your sodium intake. Are you taking any medications that could be lowering it? I know I had one of my heart meds that was bringing mine down to 78 over 54.
Your LDLc is just fine. I wouldn’t expect it to go down on carnivore. In fact it usually goes up. The only concern I see on your cholesterol is your triglyceride’s and your HDL.
It would be nice to see that HDL come up some and those tri’s come down. The best indicator of cardiovascular health is not the LDL but the tri to HDL ratio. You divide the HDL into the triglycerides and what you want to see is a 1.5 ratio or less. A ratio of 2 isn’t terrible but it could definitely be improved.
Just the fact that your tri’s are under a hundred is good.
I think you are doing good and you’ll see even better results a year from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so too.

It is still just 111 days in so I'm trying to not be terribly impatient.

I don't take any medicines other than my infusions every six months. 

My BP has always been relatively low. For me, 110/70 is the highest I see. Once with Covid I had 125/75 and that is highest I have ever seen. 

It is the same with blood glucose. I would have to eat a Little Debbie cake to get into the mid 90's. Since Carnivore I'm in the low 100's. Prior to that some mornings I would do the 'wall slide' to get to the kitchen to eat. I would wake up in the upper 80's at times. 

I have bloodwork again in November with my infusion. It will more data points. LOL

Scott

On 8/29/2024 at 9:25 AM, Scott F. said:

This trip my blood pressure was 99/66.
My glusose A1C number inched down from 4.73 to 4.32
The Vitamin D moved up 9 spots to 46. 
Total cholesterol dropped some and now is at 219.
The HDL is 37 and the LDL is 187.
The triglycerides are close to the same at 75.

I would be very happy if all my numbers looked this good.  Yes, the HDL could be bumped up a few points, but overall you are looking just fine with these numbers, as far as these markers go.

I'm good with the numbers. Like anyone, I was hoping to see some improvements. But I can't imagine fixing 50+ years i 111 days. LOL

I still think I'm in the infancy of the carnivore lifestyle. I'm figuring things out every so often.

For now, I'm going with I feel better, I'm not taking any medicine for pain/inflammation, and I have dropped 60 pounds in less than four months. I'm good.

Scott

Exactly the right attitude to have Scott.
We have eaten a lifetime of bad food and it takes time to heal and turn things around.
You’ve definitely got a handle on this.
We are in this for the long haul so light the fire. Burn the beast and be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk