• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Sore muscles and tiredness

Hello,

when I train I didnt have that much power and after I have sore muscles for about 4 days. Did I eat not enough fat? I eat 800g of meat a day sumtimes a little more (up to 1000g) und 5 raw eggs for breakfast. The meat ist roastbeef with nice edge of fat. I think it has 20% of fat, but didnt measured it yet.

Is here someone training with same problem of not having enough power as you trained on carbs and having a way more long sore muscles then on carbs?

And has someone a nice tip for adding fat to the meat. I tried butter but I cant eat it anymore. For me it taste horrible.

greeting from germany

Many factors.

I can only speak from personal experience. When I first started I didn't hit my fat to meat ratios and I was flat. As soon as I got that sort of straightened out I was not getting enough electrolytes.

When lacking in either/both I felt flat. I was just getting back into the gym and I didn't have a lot of energy. Once I got them both correct my energy levels went up. 

I have not had a lot of soreness issues. I don't lift super heavy. I feel a tad bit tight on the 'heavier' days but have not experienced a lot of soreness. 

I would say up your fat content. The fattier cuts of meat always help. I cook in butter and beef tallow. When I use the crock pot I try to drink the liquids. I cook bacon first and then just add the eggs into the bacon and bacon grease. 

I'm no expert.

Scott

3 hours ago, Till said:

greeting from germany

Welcome aboard @Till. I wonder why they system gave you a big "E" as a default photo when your username and name starts with a "T", lol :default_shrugs:

My first question is how long have you been doing carnivore? If this is recent, you may not be fat-adapted yet. Of course, the trick here would be to continue pushing through and boost your fat to protein intake, which should be a minimum of 1g:1g (which is about 70:30 fat calories to protein calories). You can boost fat macros with butter, lard, tallow, ghee, cheese, heavy cream, etc.

Willkommen mein Freund Till.
I have started back to lifting after being idle for a long time and I’m feeling pretty sore today myself. I’ve heard that many that train hard have a faster recovery when eating carnivore, I guess I’ll find out.
As Bob said, you may be too new at this to be reaping the full benefits of it. I’ve been carnivore long enough that I am fully fat adapted and at my final weight so I should see the benefits or rapid recovery if there are any. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk