• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

carnivore and elimination

I have stalled around 62lbs for about a week/two weeks or so. I still feel good, lots of energy and the workouts are better and better. No real complaints. 

For some background, if you pick the finest restaurant you can find, come up with the best steak ever, the best smoked ribs, you name it....and I would trade it for a cold glass of milk and a peanut butter/jelly sandwich. I'm simple, and milk with a PBJ is tops. (sad, but true, LOL)

I recently reintroduced milk three to four times per week. One glass, usually early in the morning and on occasion at night before bed. Everything else seems fine but the weight loss stalled. I hit 60lbs at the end of August/early September and have been there since with all else the same. 

As my luck would have it, the first thing I reintroduce is something I will eliminate again. Go figure. I will go a stretch without it and see if things pick back up. Like most things, time will tell. 

Scott

It will be interesting to see if the weight loss resumes after cutting out the milk again.

It would make sense. Milk has lactose, a sugar. Having it at night before bed isn't a good idea, but I don't think it's a good idea to eat within 4 hours of going to bed either.

Sometimes stalks just happen for no other reason than your body just does it. Maybe it’s the body making adjustments.
Many people do find that when the stall it’s due to dairy.
I had numerous stalls and I my last one lifted after my cardiologist took me completely off of my last medication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. In the past four months I have a number of stalls. None lasted more than a few days (understanding I was 306 with a lot of fat and the fat was falling fast/stalls not for any real length). At 244 I still have a lot of fat but this stall has lasted nearly 2 weeks. 

The only thing that changed was that I started drinking milk here and there and then it became semi-regular. It was never more than a glass, mostly in the morning, but occasionally at night. After about a week or so drinking milk, with no other real changes I stalled. 

I guess I was use to the "stall" being relatively short-lived so when it got to a week or so and then longer, I put it on the milk. 

When I am on dayshift my one meal a day is at night a lot of times. I found this interesting.