• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

A new addition to our food pantry.

Hi Bob,

I'm heading into week 3 and curious your thoughts on taking Supplements. No kidney pain and WAY less bubbles and waste in Catheter. I am still taking high dose D3 and K2 but finding I get very tired at times the past 2 weeks. Do you think it is from detoxing and did you experience extreme tiredness or detox/herxing symptoms at all. Appreciate your sharing and hope your well.

Thanks Again. 

Scott

4 hours ago, Scottk said:

Do you think it is from detoxing and did you experience extreme tiredness or detox/herxing symptoms at all.

I did experience some tiredness in the early stages but I don’t think it had anything to do with detoxing. I believe that as we start transitioning over to being fat adapted there is a lag between the time we burn up the last of our glucose and the liver producing enough ketones to keep our energy levels up to what we are accustomed to. For some it happens quickly and others not so much. We just have to give it time. 
Also it’s quite common for people in the beginning to eat like they are on a diet and all mainstream diets say to eat less. Well that’s just wrong. This is not a diet, it’s a lifestyle and in this way of eating we eat more to lose weight. May people find that because they are easily satiated eating carnivore that they begin to eat less and that’s a mistake. You must keep you fat content up because that is where we get our energy from. So evaluate your diet and make sure you are eating the right foods in the right proportion. 
Be willing to give this more time for your body to adjust. It took years for your body to become metabolically unhealthy and it can take some time to heal. No magic bullets or formulas here, just a lifetime of eating healthy.