Everything posted by Geezy
- What Did You Eat Today?
- What Must I Do to Get Well? by Elma Stuart [Files Library]
- Strong Medicine by Dr. Blake Donaldson, MD [Files Library]
-
I'm gaining weight!
Absolutely. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I'm gaining weight!
Yes sir, I agree. That was 49 years ago. When I went into the Army I gained a few pounds of muscle and didn’t see 175 again until just recently. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- What Did You Eat Today?
-
I'm gaining weight!
Spot on Bob. Question for you though, at what point would you stop calling it a stall and decide that you’ve just reached your optimal weight? When I first started 8 months ago I thought that between 180 and 183 would be a good weight for me. Then when I got down to 175 I was ecstatic. Wow, my high school weight. Haven’t seen that since high school. After a month of fluctuating between 175 and 177 all of a sudden I’ve dropped 3 more pounds. I’ve never really set a goal because it’s always been my understanding that this being a optimization diet, that my weight will eventually become what’s optimal for me. No matter how much I lose I’ll still treat it that way. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk he
-
Other sausage makers/grinders?
I just made a batch out of deer liver and it came out great. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- What Did You Eat Today?
-
Weight and the Scale
Congratulations Angela. That’s fantastic. Just keep on keeping on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- What Did You Eat Today?
-
Other sausage makers/grinders?
I make my own liverwurst, does that count? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I'm gaining weight!
My weight goes up and down all the time. Fluctuations are normal. If you’re doing nothing different than what got you where you are now then I wouldn’t be concerned. It should take care of itself. If it keeps going up then you may need to reevaluate what your doing but give it plenty of time to adjust. This isn’t a race. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
New Guy
Yes sir, it’s unreal. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Other sausage makers/grinders?
I make my own bacon but not sausage. I have considered it though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- What Did You Eat Today?
-
What Did You Eat Today?
Yes ma’am, you are correct. The main issue I had with pre shredded cheese is that it has cellulose or some other kind of fiber in it that I just don’t need. Yeah it a little bit more effort to hand shred my cheese but my health is worth it. I’m glad to see you are reading the ingredient labels. Those can be a real eye opener and show you how much crap the food industry has been feeding us just so they can make more profit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
New Guy
Welcome drysideshooter. Delving into the history of nutrition and nutritional science in this country showed me just how much we’ve been lied too and manipulated due to ego and monetary agendas. Once I learned the truth it just gave me more confidence to know that carnivore was the proper human diet. Immerse yourself into this lifestyle and it can set you free. Another excellent book to read if you haven’t already is The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- What Did You Eat Today?
- Boost Your Immune System with Intermittent Fasting!
-
Do You Eat Meat and Meat Products Everyday?
I’m right there with you Sherry. I wish I’d have known and understood this way of eating a long time ago but if I had, would I have listened? Sometimes we’re just not ready for it yet. It took me to hit rock bottom before it was able to change my lifestyle. For your family all you can do is be a good example. Only keep whole foods in the house. No highly processed stuff. No sugar’s. No seeds or seed oils. You probably won’t stop them from eating bad foods when you’re not around but you may be able to start a foundation that they may grow from. You can control what they eat in the home so try to make it enjoyable for them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Milestones in the Diet Plan
-
What Did You Eat Today?
It was just a whole roasted chicken from Wally World that I deboned and then I just drown it in butter. Three reasons I load it down with butter is that first, I need to make it palatable to me. Since becoming carnivore, chicken just isn’t that tasty to me. I used to love fried chicken and once I swore off anything breaded and fried I realized that the only thing I liked about chicken was that fried crispy flour on the outside. Second is that chicken doesn’t have a good omega 3 to omega 6 ratio (too much of the 6 and not enough 3) so I’m just trying to help balance it out better by adding some better animal fat to it. Lastly, it just tastes better with butter…doesn’t everything? In general, chicken is my last choice for protein. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
What Did You Eat Today?
Half cup of shredded cheese mixed with one egg. That will generally make two chaffles. I use a mini waffle maker (10 bucks at Wally World) and put approximately two tablespoons of the cheesy egg mixture in the waffle iron to make one chaffle. Mozzarella is the most common cheese used and cheddar works well also but any cheese that melts well should work. I shred my own cheese because I will not use the packaged, pre-shredded cheeses because they all contain plant matter and that’s no bueno. I also use whole milk cheese and avoid anything made with skim milk. A touch of garlic powder is tasty in the mix if you can tolerate it in your diet. These are great with just butter on them or make a sandwich with them. As far as sharing recipes goes, there are some threads that have some recipes that I’ve contributed to, but I wish the administrators would creat a forum just for recipes so it would be easier to find them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- What Did You Eat Today?