• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Do you remain faithful and on plan, or do you cheat during the holidays?

Do you cheat on your diet during the holidays?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you resolved to stay faithful, or do you succumb to temptation during the holidays?

• I am loyal and true and don't cheat - even on the holidays.
    • I must make a confession that I ate some confections, lol.

In several locations around the world it's what is often referred to as 'the holiday season'. Here in the USA, you may have previously been caught in the autumn trap of all the delicious meals, treats, and overdrinking of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve, only to kerplop into the new year heavier than ever, with yet another resolution to hit the gym and take off the weight.

Now most people who do the keto or carnivore diet correctly have built up a strong resilience to any cravings or temptations. And that's fantastic. But the holiday's add on an extra burden for many - peer pressure and tradition - and many who had been previously eating right get derailed, sometimes for weeks and months, once they slip up and have some pumpkin pie, cookies, or sweet potatoes, or whatever.

How about you?

Are you staying true to your good health convictions? Or did/do you allow yourself to veer off plan on these occasions?

I think you already know I’m solid in my convictions.
The great thing about it is it doesn’t require any resistance from temptation from me.
I just don’t have any desire to eat anything that isn’t pure nutrition.
All my life I’ve loved the dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy and rolls.
My daughter is a fantastic cook and did most of the cooking. With desserts being her specialty she made a pecan pie using the nuts from our own trees, a lemon chess pie, a buttermilk pie and her world famous, well two state famous, cheesecake, best in the world and my favorite. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday meal.
With all of that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed what I ate which was just turkey slathered in butter. I was delicious.
I will admit that I missed those old foods but I had absolutely no desire to eat any of them. They are no longer a part of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk