• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Are you raising bison along with your sheep? 

No sir. I used to own a half interest in a small herd but that was years ago.
These come from my sister in law’s restaurant. I’m her butcher and once a week I cut her ribeyes for her from the rib roasts. She serves both beef and bison. My reward for helping her is I get a ribeye meal at the restaurant and I get to keep the end cuts and the trimmings. The bison gets eaten and the beef trimmings I render down for tallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter (55) had her own small farm in Florida, raised rabbits, pigs, all the fowl one raises, gardened, and butchered all the meat for our family, plus sold a lot to very satisfied customers. She moved here with her nearly adult kids to my place in the northern Portugese mountains and, in addition to renovating the old ruin I bought for us here, has got a good organic garden up and growing, added five hens now keeping us in eggs, and will be adding more livestock once the house renovation is finally finished. We've been living rough while the work progresses (camping a bit hard on me at my age - 80 - but has been doable). I can get very good meat of all kinds at the local market, but am looking forward to when she is providing all the meat for the table once again.

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

No sir. I used to own a half interest in a small herd but that was years ago.
These come from my sister in law’s restaurant. I’m her butcher and once a week I cut her ribeyes for her from the rib roasts. She serves both beef and bison. My reward for helping her is I get a ribeye meal at the restaurant and I get to keep the end cuts and the trimmings. The bison gets eaten and the beef trimmings I render down for tallow.

Wow. You are surely blessed!

Cooked up a pound of homemade bacon today.
be5e5b46b985de2be7b5699728ef24c2.jpg
Then cooked up a pound of venison breakfast sausage and a pound of venison chorizo. Grazed on those while I was cooking them. So I’ve got the breakfast meat covered for the next two weeks.
Then I ate some more venison backstrap and steak sauce.
5021adaee914bc819a6d54846194dc01.jpg

Last night the wife and I had some nice big meaty t-bones, because our regular NY strips were sold out.

I think I heard that a t-bone is actually a NY strip on one side of the bone and a filet mignon on the other. Stand-alone filet mignon is crazy expensive, making the t-bone look like a good buy.

Thanks for that information about why to post this daily. Nothing in the a.m., at noon I had fish fried in ghee with two eggs.

35 minutes ago, Bob said:

I think I heard that a t-bone is actually a NY strip on one side of the bone and a filet mignon on the other.

That would be the porterhouse steak. I recently grilled a T-bone and found it not as tender as the ribeye. I love those ribeyes and the filet side of the porterhouses.

I was cooking some beef and shrimp last night when I was reminded it was this months Open Mic Night that my cousin hosts. So I tossed it in the fridge and we went down there and I had beef patties with bacon and pepper jack.

That beef and shrimp is probably going in an omelette this morning.

Yesterday was eggs and beef with cheese for breakfast. Tuna with sour cream and cheese for a late lunch, snack. And then my cheese infused beef meatballs for a late dinner. 

I woke up a couple pounds down despite eating so late, which was nice.

Carnivore nachos.
Venison chorizo, sharp cheddar and plain pork rinds.
Man, I love these things.

71aef119c6f2badb14b95e26fd808785.jpg
I ate two of these platters today. Probably too much cheese but we’ll see.

Mud bugs y’all. Just might have come close to eating my weight in these things today. Love these, like crawfish crack.
cd773c1b7d8ee7fdb41079eda14cc874.jpg

Lots of lovely fried eggs in coconut oil. Yummy. It is the first time that I have had fried eggs in a long time. 

I am new to this and am going to frequently post for accountability purposes. 

I will mostly be eating eggs. 

Namaste. 

So pleased to have found this group! 

Lots of lovely fried eggs in coconut oil. Yummy. It is the first time that I have had fried eggs in a long time. 
I am new to this and am going to frequently post for accountability purposes. 
I will mostly be eating eggs. 
Namaste. 
So pleased to have found this group! 

Welcome Luis.
If I may make a suggestion, while coconut oil is less bad than a seed oil, it’s still not the healthiest choice. If you would like to optimize your carnivore diet you might want to try using an animal fat such as tallow, lard, bacon grease, butter, ghee or duck fat. These would help you in becoming better fat adapted.