• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 1/28/2024 at 12:08 PM, Bob said:

So we went out and celebrated our 23th anniversary last night with some friends, so I did eat off plan - sorta. I had filet mignon, lobster tail, scallops, with a salad, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. We also had some red wine. They new it was our anniversary so they gave us a free creme brulee, and I did have a bite of that. Creme brulee has crusted sugar on top, which is the only part of the meal that actually breaks my personal vow to never eat sugar and grains again. Anniversaries are probably my only exception. 

20240127_202447.jpg

It looks well worth every bite and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the both of you my brother.happy everyone GIF

On 1/28/2024 at 10:40 PM, Geezy said:

How decadent would you like to be?
This is called the best steak sauce but it’s great on any meat and it’s even great for dipping pork rinds in.

Recipe

The BEST Steak Sauce
INGREDIENTS

• ▢ 

1 cup unsalted butter
• ▢ 

8 ounces cream cheese
• ▢ 

3/4 cup beef broth
• ▢ 

1 tablespoon black truffles
• ▢ 

1 teaspoon Redmond Real salt

INSTRUCTIONS

• Heat the butter in a large sauce pot over high heat. Whisk often so the butter doesn't burn on the outside of the pan. The butter will start to bubble and froth up. Whisk often at this point. The butter will start to darken and turn brown. Remove from heat and keep whisking.

• Add the cream cheese.

• After a minute, slowly add the broth, truffles and salt.

• Use a stick blender to puree until smooth or just use a whisk if you don’t mind the work. Taste and adjust seasoning and truffle taste to your liking.

• Pour into a mason jar. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 7 days. This sauce will thicken a lot overnight.
• Serve with your favorite steak or meat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/25/2024 at 9:26 AM, Steven2023 said:

This made me think of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4CYJzrH9gk

There are a lot of other videos on the same subject. But it does sound intriguing and delicious. I have yet to try them.

Also, you won't get burnt butter if you use clarified butter or ghee when frying foods. The milk solids have been removed and that is what actually burns when butter gets too hot.

Let us know 

I wish I had been more diligent about taking photos of my food (which I will do from now on). 

I started my day with coffee. Then I had mushroom chips - I KNOW how some ppl feel about mushrooms, but to me, they are NOT a plant....they are their own thing and I love to eat them. Anyway, I slice Trumpet Mushrooms real thin, then toss them in bacon grease, air fry them, then add salt. YUM. 

Then I had 4 - 1/4lb burgs and a side of Chicken skins (Just salt, then I air fry them). 
I will go home and, if I am still hungry, I'll have eggs and cheese. 

Welcome aboard @Kellie

3 hours ago, Kellie said:

Then I had mushroom chips - I KNOW how some ppl feel about mushrooms, but to me, they are NOT a plant....they are their own thing and I love to eat them. Anyway, I slice Trumpet Mushrooms real thin, then toss them in bacon grease, air fry them, then add salt. YUM.

Sounds good. I've never heard of "mushroom chips" and am always on the hunt for a keto-friendly crunch, lol. If I recall, there are only about 100 toxic mushrooms, but the majority of them are safe. We're keto-friendly here, and not die-hard carnivore zealots, so go ahead and dig in, lol 🙂

3 hours ago, Kellie said:

Then I had 4 - 1/4lb burgs and a side of Chicken skins (Just salt, then I air fry them). 

I really want to invest in a dehydrator or air-fryer capable of dehydrating. I want to make my own jerky and other animal-based snacks.

[mention=2]Bob[/mention] I love my air fryer! My dad has a dehydrator and makes his own venison jerky. 
The Mushroom chips are delicious, they really do taste like a cross between a french fry and a chip, depending on how long you cook them. 

I’m gonna have to try those mushroom chips. I don’t have an air fryer but I suppose I might be able to deep fry them in some tallow.

I ate too light today but it was a long hard day.
I knew I was going to be working hard today so I didn’t want a big meal but I knew I needed something so I just ate a couple of scrambled eggs before I left the house.
Then I spent all day repairing my father in laws roof on his barn after a high wind storm ripped a bunch of sheets of corrugated tin off.
I didn’t get it all done today but I should be able to finish it up tomorrow. I’ve just got to get it done before the scheduled rain hits.
Anyways, when I got home I was too tired to fix much so I just ate a couple of hamburger patties with some butter.
Calorie count will be a little low but I’ll survive.
In the meantime I’ve got a venison roast and some venison stew meat slow cooking in some bone broth in the crockpot. That’ll be nice and tender in the morning.

9 hours ago, Kellie said:

Bfast - Coffee

Lunch - 1lb burger with 1.5oz mushrooms and onions

Dinner - Garlic-butter, mushrooms and chicken. I found this online and made it, absolutely delicious, but oh my goodness is there a lot of butter and garlic in it. 

Hi Kellie, can you share the garlic butter recipe please

Slow cooked some venison all night in bone broth so ha da a little bit of that for breakfast along with 3 scrambled eggs. I don’t normally eat breakfast but since I got up early this morning and I needed to finish that repair on the barn I figured I was going to need some food on my belly.
Finished up that job around noon so I went up to my deer lease to cut some wood before the rains hit. Got home and was feeling pretty hungry so I made some stewed venison tacos using Egglife wraps.
9c2f356360d9d5fe07736a3f4a675212.jpg

13 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Hi Kellie, can you share the garlic butter recipe please

I am sorry, for the life of me I cannot find the recipe online. But! I can tell you the jist of it!

I used 1 cup total of butter, and used half at the beginning to sear up 12-15 boneless, skinless chicken thighs. 
Once those were seared I removed them, and to the pan I added 8 cloves of garlic and about 2 pounds of mushrooms. 
Once that was all nice and cooked, I added 3 tablespoons of white vin and 4 cups of chicken stock. Let that reduce an unreasonably long amount of time, then added the chicken, which I had chopped up, back to the pan. 
The recipe made 6 servings. It was filling. The only seasonings, besides the garlic, was salt. Would I make it again? No. It was A LOT of work and kinda too much butter. I would tweek the recipe a lot, add some other seasonings to it, reduce butter and stock, etc. It was filling though! 

2 hours ago, Kellie said:

But! I can tell you the jist of it!

Sounds absolutely delicious.

I've been on a beef only kick the last 2 days. For breakfast I have had a pound of ground beef and I made my own gyro seasoning and used some of that tzatziki sauce. For dinner I have had a NY Strip seasoned to my liking and ghee for dipping sauce. 

And I seem to have broke my stall. I have been oscillating between 175.5 and 177.5 for the last 2 months. Yesterday morning I was 174.7 and this morning I was 174.1 and I hope this trend continues, lol.

Alright......so...I almost never hear lamb, but yesterday......I had a Lamb Loin Chop. My hubby cooked it (I don't cook fancy like this). 

Bfast: Scrambled eggs with venison breakfast sausage and mushrooms. YUM. 
Dinner: Lamb Loin Chops with roasted brussel sprouts. We found some gold leaf that my brother-in-law left from his visit, so we tried it out, lol. 

Weightloss: 1 lb between yesterday and today....which was very surprising since I ate A LOT. Even snacked on some Mushroom chips and cheese. Some days I am so hungry. Like, unrealistically hungry..... 

20240204_164813.jpg

42 minutes ago, Kellie said:

yesterday......I had a Lamb Loin Chop

I don't have much lamb experience either. I have had ground lamb and cooked it up like ground beef. It was very tasty. I bought 3 little lamb chops (I think that's what they are, they are very small) a couple months ago but they are still frozen. I keep forgetting to thaw them out and cook them up.

45 minutes ago, Kellie said:

We found some gold leaf that my brother-in-law left from his visit, so we tried it out, lol.

I have no idea what that is, and a web search shows me results for actual thin sheets of gold. 

45 minutes ago, Kellie said:

Weightloss: 1 lb between yesterday and today....which was very surprising since I ate A LOT.

Ironic isn't it. There are several times where I am frustrated with a weight loss stall, and then I have a heavy day of eating thinking it's gonna work against me and somehow I break my stall, lol.

The only reason we got lamb was because it was very on sale. Cheaper than pork chops!
The gold leaf is just to make it look fancy, doesn't have a flavor or anything, and I would NEVER buy it just for fun. 
I do not understand how I can eat soooo much in one day and have a weightloss and then fast one day and lose practically nothing, lol. 

Alright......so...I almost never hear lamb,

Then you haven’t seen many of my posts, Lol!

I eat lamb several times a week. In fact I’ll be cooking some lamb steaks this evening. I love lamb so much I raise my own to eat.

Glad to see others that like it also.